1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Green Isis Recoil Pads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RunGunIPSC, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Has anyone had any experience with the green insert Isis Sure Fit recoil pads.
    Are they effective as other pads? How do they grind & fit? Can they be purchased in the USA? Thanks. Tom

2. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Anyone used these?

3. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

Call Jim Greenwood...316.775.0161....he is a dealer and done all of mine.

4. autogun

autogun Member

I have experience with Isis pads. They are part of a recoil system. They are usually much thinner than other pads you might have used. My isis pad is around a quarter inch. On other guns I use a 1 inch kick-eez. If you call the owner of isis, he will tell the difference is as follows; smack a kick eez with a hammer and the hammer will bounce. Smack a isis green pad- no bounce. the thinner pad made from different material absorbs the energy. Is that true- I have no idea. I didn't try the hammer test.
    The reason isis needs this type of pad is so the shock absorber in the isis recoil system can actually function. If you put a 1 inch kick eez on an isis system, the spongy pad will collapse on recoil and prevent the shock absorber from operating. Don't get me wrong-- I love kick eez pads.
    Does the isis recoil system work---yup. Would the pad work without the rest of the system- probably not nearly as well as a stand alone kick-eez. Hope this helps. Edit to add-- my gunsmith figured out how to grind an isis without any problems.
    David Vandercoy

5. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Thank you for the thoughts & ideas on the Isis pad. It was my thought to use their 25MM or 23MM pad as a stand alone against the stock. I would use double sided auto body molding tape to hold the pad on.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

RunGun--Not that you have to play with the same toys as everyone else but why not just go with the proven recoil pads? After the post by "autogun" above it sounds as if these are best used and designed to be paired with the whole Isis recoil system. Its your gun and your money but with the choices of proven recoil pads available why risk something that may not work as a stand alone? Oh well, good luck and give us some feedback if you do go for it.

7. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I will send along the feedback on these. Why do it this way? Because I don't like the heavier gun & weight rearward that comes with recoil systems. The Green Pad is about 1/2 the wt of other pads. Also their ad seems to indicate that the pad can be used as a stand alone. I will verify this before buying. And I am ancient with nothing better to do. Also,I am a lousy shooter,so I fool around with stuff like this to make up for it. Thank you all for your thoughts. Tom

8. autogun

autogun Member

RunGun,
    You are exactly right on the weight issue. Let us know how it works out. Thanks.

David Vandercoy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

isis green pad

isis green pad review
isis green pad vs limbsaver vs kickeez
isis green recoil pad

isis recoil pad

isis recoil pad review

isis recoil pads
isis shooting pads