Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Duster vs Down Range XL1

4K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Mike Michalski 
#1 ·
With the big price increase in Greendusters here in the East, I am trying the XL1's. Besides being 3 grains lighter, has anyone found any other points of interest, pro or con, with the XL1's? Also your favorite load for them. I've loaded 19 gr./green dot with Fed. 209's in AA's & Sts. Seems adequate for my needs. Comments please.
Sam

#6 ·
The neon green XL-1 is a great wad. Nothing against green dusters, I used to use them.

But the XL-1 is my wad of choice for 1 ounce loads nowadays.

Remington hull, Winchester primer, 17-ish grains of Hodgdon CLAYS, XL-1 wad, and one ounce of shot.

#7 ·
I tried a few boxes of the dusters and broke targets just fine. A couple years back, several shooters said the duster would sometimes fly way out there! One guy said he even broke a clay with a duster wad! In looking beyond where most wads land, I found out why. Shot will embed itself into the base of the plastic which makes it carry much farther out. Look around the ranges, you too will locate a few with embedded shot. I use the XL-1. Hap

#11 ·
A lot of interesting data posted. I also notice no one using green dot. Being sensative to recoil, I decided to use green dot, having heard it creates a more gentle push instead of the sudden jolt of faster powders. Both green dusters & XL1's pattern similarly for me, better in modified than full, however.
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.