1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Green Duster Help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dragonbob, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonbob

Dragonbob TS Member

My local dealer (near Philla,Pa) says he'll no longer carry duster wads, due to the high cost of shipping (says they'd be $20/thou., and nobody will pay that), hence my dilema. I reload new style AA (and please don't tell me to switch to STS or Federals) on a 366, and found the size and softness of greendusters loaded nicely w/o buckling the hull like some other brands I've tried. Anybody have an affordable source for greendusters, or good alternative? Thanks, Bob

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Call Micro Tech and ask them where you can get them near you.

Micro Technologies, LLC
    1405 Laukant St.
    Reedsburg, WI 53959

Phone: 608-524-9999

HM

3. Dragonbob

Dragonbob TS Member

I looked at the dealers on their website, and none are "near" me.
    Thanks, Bob

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You can order direct, I believe you have to buy 10 cases.

Call them.

HM

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Try Recobs in Wisconsin.

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

You needn't change hulls but how about going to DownRange, Clay Buster, or even Winchester Wads for tapered hulls....Bob Dodd

7. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Dragon: Where about in Phila area do you hail from?

I am located in Delaware County.

We take a drive up to Richland Shooter's Supply in Richland PA a few times a year and buy in bulk.

He carries Green and Blue Dusters, all the priemiums, Windjammers, and all the Claybuster line of wads.

Its one stop shopping.

Its worth the hour and 15 minute drive as Jim's prices are the best in PA.

That's all components and factory shells.

RICHLAND SHOOTER SUPPLY INC
    207 SOUTH PARK STREET, RICHLAND PA 17087
    717-866-4246

Its a little shop but his warehouse is impressive and he has what I call a "Chinese Food Menu" of all his stuff. He has a lot of differnet primers, powder and wads to choose from.

I always call for prices and availablity before we make a run. We usually drop 600-700 a piece but its worht it as we see major savings. I wish I had about 1500 to drop but my truck wouldn't be big enough.

If you have a bunch of heavy stuff like 20 flats of shells or a ton of shot, He'll use his skid lifter and drop in right in the back of your truck

Jim is a really great guy, he'll talk to you as long as you need him.

If you are looking for a thousand wads only, its not worth it. Buy in 5000 case, same for primers. Swithced to Promo powder, and Rio Primers and saved a ton more. Shot was going for 23.99 a bag a little bit ago at his place.

Good luck.

Jeff A.

8. jtf650

jtf650 Member

Since you're around Philly, will you be attending the PA State Shoot next month? I last attended 2 or 3 years ago, but a vendor had Duster wads at a good price back then. In fact, I imagine you'll see some (relatively) decent prices on all components at the shoot. Good way to rationalize the trip, even if you don't want to shoot. You might even find a new gun that you didn't know you needed. James Fawcett

9. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

I had been using the duster wads also and really liked them for the same reasons as you. My supplier also quit carrying them. I tried the downrange wads when the guy was giving them away on here and I think they are as close to the Dusters that I have seen.

Steve

10. AdamsRibs

AdamsRibs TS Member

Ditto to above reply from Timb99, try Recobs.....

AdamsRibs

11. AdamsRibs

AdamsRibs TS Member

Also, Gander Mountain stores carry them if you have
    any of those around your way......
    Adamsribs

12. gcbluerock

gcbluerock Member

Use the Downrange Mfg. DRA-12-Pink. It is the same style, size, shape etc etc etc. They are just what you need! For a list of dealers near you check out the find a dealer section of the web site at http://www.downrangemfg.com/

13. Dragonbob

Dragonbob TS Member

Thanks for all the good info. I've had no luck w/ claybusters, but maybe someone 'round here (I'm really fr. outside Trenton, NJ) has downrange or winchester wads. I'll also look into the mail order aspect. Bob

14. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Duster wads are more difficult for me to get than several years ago. Indiana Gander Mt. stores still sell them for 6.99 or 7.99. Nearly all of my plastic fouling problems went away when I stopped using Claybusters. I am grateful for what Claybuster did years ago for the price reduction in wads and when I need something other than a AA clone I still use Claybuster brand.

15. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Duster wads are more difficult for me to get than several years ago. Indiana Gander Mt. stores still sell them for 6.99 or 7.99. Nearly all of my plastic fouling problems went away when I stopped using Claybusters. I am grateful for what Claybuster did years ago for the price reduction in wads and when I need something other than a AA clone I still use Claybuster brand.

16. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

CAC and Associates, I believe in Elysburg, PA. I get them in conjunction with my club's clay bird orders, and CAC trucks them down.

17. dverna

dverna Active Member

I just cleaned out the local Gander Mountain of Green Dusters $7 a bag.
    Don

18. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

Any Gander Mountains around your place? 500 cost 6.99 + taxes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.