Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Duster Help

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  trapshooter421 
#1 ·
My local dealer (near Philla,Pa) says he'll no longer carry duster wads, due to the high cost of shipping (says they'd be $20/thou., and nobody will pay that), hence my dilema. I reload new style AA (and please don't tell me to switch to STS or Federals) on a 366, and found the size and softness of greendusters loaded nicely w/o buckling the hull like some other brands I've tried. Anybody have an affordable source for greendusters, or good alternative? Thanks, Bob

#7 ·
Dragon: Where about in Phila area do you hail from?

I am located in Delaware County.

We take a drive up to Richland Shooter's Supply in Richland PA a few times a year and buy in bulk.

He carries Green and Blue Dusters, all the priemiums, Windjammers, and all the Claybuster line of wads.

Its one stop shopping.

Its worth the hour and 15 minute drive as Jim's prices are the best in PA.

That's all components and factory shells.

RICHLAND SHOOTER SUPPLY INC
207 SOUTH PARK STREET, RICHLAND PA 17087
717-866-4246

Its a little shop but his warehouse is impressive and he has what I call a "Chinese Food Menu" of all his stuff. He has a lot of differnet primers, powder and wads to choose from.

I always call for prices and availablity before we make a run. We usually drop 600-700 a piece but its worht it as we see major savings. I wish I had about 1500 to drop but my truck wouldn't be big enough.

If you have a bunch of heavy stuff like 20 flats of shells or a ton of shot, He'll use his skid lifter and drop in right in the back of your truck

Jim is a really great guy, he'll talk to you as long as you need him.

If you are looking for a thousand wads only, its not worth it. Buy in 5000 case, same for primers. Swithced to Promo powder, and Rio Primers and saved a ton more. Shot was going for 23.99 a bag a little bit ago at his place.

Good luck.

Jeff A.

#8 ·
Since you're around Philly, will you be attending the PA State Shoot next month? I last attended 2 or 3 years ago, but a vendor had Duster wads at a good price back then. In fact, I imagine you'll see some (relatively) decent prices on all components at the shoot. Good way to rationalize the trip, even if you don't want to shoot. You might even find a new gun that you didn't know you needed. James Fawcett

#9 ·
I had been using the duster wads also and really liked them for the same reasons as you. My supplier also quit carrying them. I tried the downrange wads when the guy was giving them away on here and I think they are as close to the Dusters that I have seen.

Steve

#14 ·
Duster wads are more difficult for me to get than several years ago. Indiana Gander Mt. stores still sell them for 6.99 or 7.99. Nearly all of my plastic fouling problems went away when I stopped using Claybusters. I am grateful for what Claybuster did years ago for the price reduction in wads and when I need something other than a AA clone I still use Claybuster brand.

#15 ·
Duster wads are more difficult for me to get than several years ago. Indiana Gander Mt. stores still sell them for 6.99 or 7.99. Nearly all of my plastic fouling problems went away when I stopped using Claybusters. I am grateful for what Claybuster did years ago for the price reduction in wads and when I need something other than a AA clone I still use Claybuster brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.