1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Green Duster and Blue Duster Wads - info please

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by royboy, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royboy

royboy Member

I am asking if any of you have had experience with these wads--good or bad.
    I have been given a few and they seem to load really easy. What is your experience with patterns and scores etc? Thanks for your replies!

2. tj303

tj303 Member

Green duster. Very good experience. I shot 247 out 250 during our summer league. The misses were mine not the wads. 17.4 Clays, AA hull, WW209 primer, 1 oz 8's.

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

A few years ago, the company had some issues with the raw materials they used. The wads (over powder cup) would actually fracture in colder weather (45 - 50 degress) when they were fired. The company did not appear to be concerned about this and offered no other solution than I use them up in warmer weather. I have used some after that issue, but I have lost confidence in the product and the company.

There are many people that will swear BY them, and some like me that will swear AT them. I still have over a case of Blue Dusters that are reserved for practice in warm weather. Same for the Greens. Just for fun, I bought a bag a few months ago and it seems like they got it resolved, but I don't see myself buying any more, since there are decent wads to be found by manufactirers that seem to stand behind their product. Downrange is excellent as far as customer service. Kevin is a great guy and will help as best as he can.

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I have not used or sold the Duster line. I do however sell and use Downrange Wads. They are great! They have models to compete with the wads you mentioned. If you need any or would like to discuss further contact me. I will help you in anyway possible.

Matt - Woodson Enterprises
    (270) 804-5454

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Another vote for Downrange.

I used to use the Green Dusters, and there's no problem with them.

I just like the Downrange XL-1 better.

6. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

The Green and Blue Duster wads did have a problem with material a few years ago. The company replaced the bad ones that I had. I have continued to use them with no problems since that one incident. I think they are great wads and theygo through the loader very easily. They perform very well in my slightly overbored barrel which is .745. I have had problems with some other wads not sealing properly in that particular barrel.

The problem with the bad wads cropped up one cold day when I was doing some chronographing of loads. The wads that fractured had a blooper sound and were 300 to 400 fps slower than the others. I have photos of the recovered wads that fractured that day

[​IMG]

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I am the Middle Tenn distributor for Duster wads.

With this said, Downrange and Claybuster also make a superior product.

Many folks like the Duster for ease of loading.

If you are near Matt at Woodson Ent, I would not hesitate to buy from him. :^)

8. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I have used Duster, Downrange and Claybuster wads. The Claybusters leave a lot of plastic in the barrel. Downrange wads are good but I still prefer the Duster wads.

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I've used Claybusters since they were introduced without a single issue. I've used the Duster wads for a period of time in the 90s without any issue and finding they produced a bit of higher velocity; insignificant however. I've more recently used the DR wads also without a single issue and will use any of the 3 permanently as long as they are the easiest to obtain and the price is right.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

10. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

once again ol Bob Dodd and I agree..........Roger

11. royboy

royboy Member

Thanks for your replies!

12. royboy

royboy Member

13. Piper Mac

Piper Mac Member

I started using blue dusters to prevent the crease on the 2 piece AA hulls. It was the only hull at the time that prevented this creasing. Still use them on the 2 piece hulls (AA) I have. Never had any cold winter issues with them but did have some problems with the orange AA wads in cold weather.

14. royboy

royboy Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

green duster wads