1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GREEN DOT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshootinbubba, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootinbubba

trapshootinbubba Member

How does Green Dot stack up against other powders? It seems to be low in pressure and high in speed? I dont notice a lot of people shooting it,was wondering why? Bubba Powers

2. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

I just started shooting greenDot this yr. i don't see anything wrong with it. I am using it for 1 1/8 oz loads.I had been using solo 1000 but the price is better on greeDot. Have not tried it for 1 oz.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Green Dot is excellent powder, especially for handicap loads. I see many shooters using it.

Pat Ireland

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

After years of making fun of a shooting buddy that use Green Dot I tried it .

Green Dot is not as clean as some but I like it alot . In my book it,s a handicap powder first . It shoots soft and tight .

Overall I like it

5. The Stive

The Stive Member

I use green dot for everything. I load it in the sub gauges. I like it a lot.
    John

6. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

I have started using Green Dot this year for handicap 1 1/8's and I can't believe how much I like it! It is the same epiphany that I had when I switched from 700X to Clays about 5 years ago. How did I live without it?

THANKS to all the great shooters on this site that turned me on to it. Green Dot rocks the house!~

Sportshot.

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I've been loading it for years. It's my powder of choice for 1 1/8 oz 1200 fps loads in AA and STS hulls.

8. Play Dead

Play Dead Member

Green Dot...I find it as good as any, and better than most. Smokes targets at the 16 yard line all the way back to the 27!

Play Dead

9. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I like green dot. Its a great powder, just a little dirty is all.

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

some people dont use it because its just a little more $$ and for some loads alittle more grain'age. Here in my local you got clays or red dot then a few rifle/pistol powders. I finally got a jug of green dot to try..........no time yet to mess around with it. May load up some for the state shoot

11. F150

F150 TS Member

I have use greendot for years for 16 yard an back and I use it in my 45 acp I was useing 21.5 with 209 win. now I use fed. 209a and cut my load back to 19g. at the same speed I love it Jim

12. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Green Dot is a great powder.
    Not many use it for 1oz. loads but I find 19 or 20 gr. in a Top gun hull with a
    12S3 wad is a very soft shooting 1oz. load.
    And the handicap load of 20gr. with 1 1/8 oz. and a AA white wad or copies in a
    AA or Rem hull at 1200fps will break any handicap target out there.
    It also seems to tighten up the pattern of loose IM or Mod. chokes.