1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Green Dot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dwmiller, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwmiller

dwmiller TS Member

Everyone talkes about Green Dot being a good handicap load.
    What is your mix for 1200fps load.

Remington Hull
    Fig 8 or TGT12s wad
    Green Dot (?) grains
    Win 209 primer

Book says 20 grains with a Fig 8, can I use a TGT12S wad like a NITO 27 and do I have to change the grains.

Thanks
    Doug

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Doug, I used an STS Hull, w209 primer, Fig-8 wad and 1 1/8oz magnum shot. 19.1gr Green Dot gave me 1180 over the chrono (about 1150fps corrected). 20gr Green Dot gave me more than 1200fps.

The Fig-8 wad fit perfectly, so that is what I used. I'm quite sure you can substitute a TGT-12, but you are going to collapse the wad a bunch when you crimp the hull. Remington uses the TGT-12 in their Nitro 27 loads because they use very dense powders. It used to be the equivalent of International Clays, which is dense. Now it is an OEM variant of TiteGroup, which is extremely dense. You have to go to the TGT-12 for them, because the Fig-8 isn't tall enough to give you a good crimp. It will be dished in unless you make an adjustment to your dies. Green Dot is bulky and works best with the Fig-8, fit wise.

3. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

zzt got it right except for the International part. International is not "very" dense. If you look at the suggested bushing for a STS, Win 209, Fig 8 load: Int'l 19.7 gr, bushing 31 = 19.9 gr; TiteGroup 17.1 gr, bushing 18 = 17.1 gr.

TiteGroup is very dense and when the "new" Nitro 27 came out Remington actually used the retail version of TiteGroup. Remington now buys a wholesale version direct from the manufacturer and develops a load for each lot of powder.

Jason