1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Green Dot vs. Titegroup

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Charlie Becknell, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I have loaded both Green Dot and Tite Group. I think they both work fine. I try to duplicate the Nitro 27 load using Tite Group. Don Zutz , if memory serves me , liked Green Dot for Handicap Loads and he liked Winchester Superlite Powder for singles.

Charlie

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I like Tightgroup as it drops accurately but I can't get it to pattern as nice as PB. I'm finding the choice of wads is limited with Tightgroup and TGT 's may not be the answer!!

3. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

I use 18.3 Titegroup,tgt wads,rem gun clubs or sts,rem primers. Crushes back to 27 yds,with not a lot of felt recoil
    GAZ

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I used TiteGroup for 1 1/8oz loads at 1145fps. It shot extremely well. Recoil characteristics are great. I stopped using it because of the very small bushings required, and the crud it deposited. I went back to using Green Dot.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Green Dot is clearly superior to TiteGroup. Green Dot is made just down the road from my home. The workers who make Green Dot buy homes. I appraise homes for lenders. If you buy Green Dot, I will make more money. If you buy TiteGroup, I will make less money.

Pat Ireland

6. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Pat, I use Red Dot and Blue Dot, does this mean that I am improving the quality of life for you and your neighbors? Also, if I mix Red Dot and Blue Dot to make Purple Dot will I have a better load or will I just have a crummy shell that misses?

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Titegroup is made in America. In Florida. Just not near Pat.

All things considered, its probably a wash. I think pheasantmaster likes Green Dot.

I like Titegroup, for what its worth.

But I buy Hodgdon products exclusively. They're local, and I like to support my local economy.

And to counter Pat's argument...do you want to support the huge multi-conglomerate ATK, or Hodgdon, the small, family-owned business with 60 employees?

8. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

If Hodgdon made a powder similar to, and inexpensive as PROMO, I'd buy it! Forget TiteWad; it's been long forgotten as far as I'm concerned!

As for the choice between Green Dot and TiteGroup, GD is the hands-down winner!

AndyH ;-)

9. FLIP

FLIP Member

it takes 20 gr green dot for 1200fps???? and 17gr for 1200 fps i have been trying both this year, the GD has more felt recoil,titegroup has much less. I like the titegroup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

green dot vs tite group