1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

green dot for 1oz. ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by valmet, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

i've been reloading 1oz with 700x but want to use up my green dot.(8lbs) hows the performance and recoil?? thanks, dennis

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Green Dot is too slow for consistent results in 1 ounce loads unless you want them screaming fast. Stick with your 700X and use the Green Dot for the 1 1/8 ounces loads it excels at.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I use GD in one oz loads. 19 grains. AA Hull, AA 209, Downrange Orange wads (1 oz) 7.5's. great pattern at 40 yards with light full choke in a Ljutic mono, 1200+ fps.

4. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

I use 19.3 grs of GD, the Downrange 1 oz. 8 finger wads, & Fed. primers. I get excellent results through my 1100. Any misses are strictly my fault. Recoil is at a minimum. The loads work the 1100's action every time, with no jams.
    JJJ

5. Vsquared

Vsquared TS Member

Velocity is the key.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Vsquared: and pattern isn't?

7. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I have been using Green Dot for 1 oz. for several years. I have never had a blooper and they absolutely smoke targets. I use 18.7 gr. with a pink Claybusted wad in a AA or Rem. hull. The Rem hulls don't crimp quite as well but are perfectly OK. I have gone through at least 16 lbs. of Green Dot using this load.

8. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Green Dot can work well in a 1oz load, provided you have a decent primer and don't load it too lightly. It needs a little pressure (8.5K - 10K) to be consistent. I had flames coming out the ejection port of my 1100 using Remington Primers. Changing the load to accomodate a Winchester 209 fixed the flames and gave a little better consistency in velocity. Patterns were decent also.

9. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

TShooter92, Right on, same load, sme results, love it.

Tom R.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.