1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

green dot for 1oz loads anyone?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mike T, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike T

mike T Member

Any one using green dot for 1 oz loads. From the loading guide it states 18gr with a TGT12 wad rem primer 1150 fps with a pressure of 6.6psi in a STS hull. Now I know from reading that chamber pressure is suspose to have nothing to do with felt recoil. But I can't help but think these would be very soft to shoot. Any one using something like this? and what are your thoughts?
    Thanks
    mike t

2. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Mike, I load 19gr green dot, rem tgt-12 wad, 1oz shot, fed209a primer, in STS hulls. This load cronigraphs at 1195 fps ave.@ 10ft from my gun. If you like a slower load, I think you will be very happy with the one you mentioned, and you`re right it`ll be soft to shoot.

Tom R.

3. Paul Marthey

Paul Marthey TS Member

I've been shooting the exact load that you have described except I use a winchester 209 primer. I use them for the first shot on doubles with 81/2 shot works great! I've tired them on 16 yd. targets and seem to do the job there too.

4. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I used to shoot trap and skeet both and used Green Dot because you could load it in all guages except the .410. In the 12 I used 18.5 grs. with 1 oz. of shot, and it clocked at about 1175 fps on average. Real sweet load and easy on the shoulder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.