1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Green Dot / 1oz

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Aintlost, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aintlost

Aintlost Member

What is the best load for handicaps using 1oz load,green dot powder, STS hulls and 209 primers

2. Kemen053

Kemen053 Member

Aint' Ihave always found 1250 to be minimum speed ,with 1290 being about optimum with 1 oz.The only downside to greendot is its a touch dirty,other than that its great.If you use AAs and the WAA12 white wad, 20 grains gives 1290. 1 oz has been mandatory for 16's in Australia since '92 so we have had a fair bit of experience with lighter loads.Regards Ross

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I always get a kick out of the loading manuals and their data. Look at Eddie's last two loads! With exactly the same components but 1.5 more grains of powder, the pressure drops!? Tom Rhoads

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Tom, I once asked Ben at Alliant about that same thing. He said they publish safe loads regardless of the reading out of the pressure guns.I said that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me that a higher charge would read less and he says thats the way pressure sometimes works!! Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.