1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Green Bird Shoot Results 1/14 Oxford Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Amazing what a little sunshine and temps in the 40's will do. We had a real nice turn-out (35 squads total), not up to summer standards, but I'll take it in the middle of Jan. We had several first time shooters tonite and some fathers and grandfathers working with the young ones on the practice trap. Always nice to see. Ray spent some time on trap 3 with a father-daughter (I think she was home from college)duo who had never shot before (don't worry Dee, I think she's a little young for Ray). I shot in a longsleeve tee, and I have to say, it felt good. Anyhow, lets get to the top dogs for the nite:

Bill Parker 50x50

Gary Jose 49x50

Rich Lewis 49x50

Rodney Diehl 48x50

Larry Kirk 47x50

Ricky R. 47x50

One of the top prize winners of the nite was Steve W. with 4 (2 bacons & 2 pork chops)

Our Longbird Jackpot got up to $62 by the 7pm drawing and a lady in the diningroom drew Ken C.. He is part of the Baltimore squad who always shoots trap 2 early. His P-gun was having trigger work done so he borrowed mine. Always tough to break a 30 yard target with a borrowed gun. Sorry Ken, better luck next time. At least we have a pot started and I hope it gets a chance to grow. I also hope this weather continues for a while.

2. Shootist333

Shootist333 TS Member

andrew berry and gary jose also had 4 wins for the night

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Good shooting Gary, hope you make it back before July.

4. Shootist333

Shootist333 TS Member

rich do me a favor take lucky larrys adjustment wrenches from him i think he has that seitz set right. thanks for all fun i'll be back as soon as possible.

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Is Pen Mar at Q-ville tomorrow??

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Calvin

The Pen-Mar is at Quarryville on Saturday. Is it warm enough for you to shoot?

Rich

7. CalvinMD

I dunno..If I did come ..I would need help with my golf cart...the knees are gone beyond repair...my shooting days may be over

8. CalvinMD

WEEELLLLL any volunteers?....I'm gonna set it up that my score will count for the team of the person who gives me a hand

9. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Our next Green Bird Shoot is on Thursday Jan 21st.

Calvin

If you want to shoot there is always someone willing to lend a hand.

Rich

10. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Calvin: Good to hear that you pulled the shoot off. Forty degrees is about my bottom temperature. Was that 35 squads or 35 shooters? 35 squads is a great turn out for us [NHSC]. Regards: Fred

11. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

After seeing what yu guys serve for lunch/dinner... Can I make reservations? Where is your gun club located? Now let's see get the GPS out - from Santa Clarita, CA. to Cleveland. Got to pick up The Motor Doc, then down to someplace in VA. Fred

12. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Fred

That was 35 squads total. A good turn-out for a winter shoot. A good summer green bird shoot will pull in around 40+ squads.

Rich Lewis OGC Director, Oxford Gun Club, Oxford Pa

13. CalvinMD

Good food at any of our shoots is a given Fred..and the doors are wide open for guests..bring your gun and your appetite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.