1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Green Bird Results Oxford Gun Club 10/29

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

It was cloudy and dark with a little breeze, not bad for trap shooting. The temp was nice, I shot in my Phillies tee shirt. Didn't help them any but maybe coming home will do the trick. GO PHILLIES!!! Anyway, we did have a nice crowd on hand, 33 squads total.

Some top scores for the nite:

Bob Blanco 49x50

Jim Sevy 49x50 (Hey Guys we could use this in the Pen-Mar)

Smitty 49x50

Rich Lewis 48x50

Bill P. 48x50

Jon Wolf 47x50 (Your going to have to do better on Black Friday Jon)

Ken C. 47x50

Our top prize winner for the nite was Bob Blanco with 5 (all green birds!!!)

And the news we have been waiting for, the Longbird Jackpot was claimed!! The pot started the nite at $545 and by the 7pm drawing it had grown to $832. Nancy in the kitchen purchased the winning ticket with Mike Matroni as the shooter. He drew post 3 and got a straightaway that he managed to take the bottom off of.
    I did everything I could to put the pressure on him. I made sure he knew how much money was on the line and had Nancy standing there to watch him. Not to mention the crowd that had gathered, but he was up to the task. Good job Mike!!

On a sad note, I just received word that Jim Nelson has lost his fight with cancer. He will be missed.

2. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I just checked my trail camera today and the big 11pt I've been after was in front of my stand at 4:19pm while I was setting up the gun club for the green bird shoot. How did he know???

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Our next Green Bird Shoot is Thur nite Nov 5th.

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Weather looks good so far today. Chance of showers this evening. Hope to have a good nite and start building up the longbird jackpot again.

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Getting close to set up time and its starting to rain. Go fiqure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.