1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Green Bird Results OGC 6/17

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

The old Cheers show saying "It's nice to go where everyone knows your name" holds true for me. I'm back home for my daughters wedding and made it out to the home club for some Thur nite Green Bird shooting. It felt good to be back on familar grounds and to catch up with shooting buddies.

The weather was good even with the gusting winds. The night started slow but picked up pretty good and we ended up with 41 squads between practice and green bird. I had made a run up to Gap for some Dutch Way meat so there was plenty of prizes on hand. I shot fairly well and won some hamburger and porkchops to take back to Indiana for the grill.

Some of the top shooters for the nite were:

Rich Lewis 50x50

Rick Young 50x50

Fred Smith 48x50

Bob Kausic 48x50

Jim Sevy 47x50

Reid 47x50

Top prize winner for the night was yours truly with 4. I should have had 5 but someone (Ray Natale) turned the field light off when it was my turn to shoot and caused me to miss. Curious timing there, like it was planned or something!!! That put me in the hat with Cook and I lost the draw.

In the longbird drawing we had $74 at 7pm and Dana was picked out of the pot by a young lady in the diningroom. Dana was nice enough to miss so the pot rolls over.

It was nice to be at Oxford again but I have to head back to Fort Wayne on Monday. I will be at Oxford for a Big Meat Shoot on Sunday. If your not going to the Pa State Shoot stop in and shoot for some of that Dutch Way Meat. Hope to see you there.

Rich (home for a little while) in Indiana

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Rich, glad to hear things are good out east. Have a safe trip back to "The crossroads of America." Wayne

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Hey Wayne

I thought that was "tornado alley"?

Rich in Indiana

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

50 Bird Big Meat Shoot at Oxford Gun Club on Fathers Day. $16 to enter with 13 prizes for every 15 shooters by Lewis class. Oven Stuffers, Beef Roast, Pork Roast, Hams, Deli Bacon. First event to take the line at 10am. Kitchen will be open for breakfast and lunch. Practice trap available, $4 per rd. Come on out and take home some of that Dutch Way meat.

Rich (headed back soon) in Indiana

5. RJ

RJ TS Member

Hey! Rich in Indiana! I'm originaly from Illinois and had a cousin we visited in Indiana many times. Seen the Indy 500 several times when living back there. Nice to se a midwestener on the forum. (Rich.inAz.orinnameonly)

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

RJ

I'm in Indiana for work (staying in an apartment in Fort Wayne)but home is in Pa. Where do you shoot your targets these days?

Rich (heading back in the morning) in Indiana

7. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I made it safe and sound back to the apartment in Fort Wayne. Just like to let everyone know that the next Green Bird Shoot at OGC will be on Thursday evening June 24th. The next Big Meat Shoot will be on Sunday July 18th.

Rich in Indiana

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

hope to see you there Rich..I'm still hanging on

9. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Hey Calvin

We are pulling for you and hoping things work out. Life is not a lot of fun without your health. My next stop at OGC will be on 8/1.

RICH in Indiana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.