1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great young Champion

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TLC Flying, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLC Flying

TLC Flying TS Member

I had the oportunity to shoot off C Doubles with Darin Jones of Idaho at the Spokane Zone shoot this weekend. A Junior shooter. Through a SNAFU he was handed the trophy before the tie was realized. He was located and brought the trophy back. He introduced himself and said "Good luck". It was not the token good luck, but genuine. He missed an early bird which I missed in my concentration. The rest were dustballs. I won and feel bad, mostly because he had the trophy in hand. I will carry it with me to Spokane in the coming shoots. If I see him again, he will get it. He is truly a Champion.
    Brian Windsor

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Very nice post about two positive-minded, true sportsmen. I hope you both win many more trophies each!

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Congratulations to Darin for some fine shooting.

Not to steal your thread, but another fine young Idaho shooter is Shawn Cahoon of Pocatello. He was the T&F young rookie of the year a little bit ago, and has been on a tear lately. He won most of the available Subjunior trophies at the Western Zone Shoot, including singles, handicap, HAA, and HOA. He made the 27 yard line in one of the handicaps the first day, and earned an "honorary" punch for a 96 later. He had 200 straight in the Championship Singles at the Utah State Shoot. Also, like Darin, he is a helluva nice, humble kid.

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I'd like to take the liberty of adding Sub-Junior Dylan Darhower of PA and Junior Brent Ligon of VA to the list of great young shooters.

Both are polite, humble and very dedicated competitors. These fine young men are rising stars racking up AA points with some outstanding shooting in all three disciplines. They both have a series of recent major state-level wins under their belts and are dizzy from rate of punches they have been getting toward the back fence. Watch for them at the shoots and in Trap and Field.

What a pleasure it is to see great young people coming up to sustain our sport. Well done all.

Guy Babin

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Please don't forget Matt Bozart of Pennsylvania, too! He is one of the nicest guys around, and a really great shot.

These young shooters put a few of the older ones to shame, behavior-wise as well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.