1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great weekend at Grand Old Dominion in Winchester

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chipking, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipking

chipking TS Member

Had another great weekend at Winchester Va. for the Grand Old Dominion. Early both mornings the trap crew was out setting each and every bank with radar gun and pole and it showed. The birds were just about as perfect as humanly possible. There were a couple of trap issues but no real problems. Had a chance to visit with old acquaintances and make some new friends. What more could anyone ask for. For WINDchester it was pretty tame on Saturday other than the heat with just a slight breeze to make things livable. The drive home afterward was scary with a couple of major storms and the kind of rain that floods roads instantly and slows traffic to 25mph to prevent hydroplaning. On Sunday it was more like the WINDchester we know and love with steadily increasing winds starting about 10am along with the first shots and just right to make the doubles in the afternoon challenging.

Again a big THANKS to the entire crew at Winchester for hosting another exceptional shoot.

--- Chip King ---

2. steele

steele TS Member

I too, had a good time in Winchester, but damn was it ever hot!! I got to meet the King of Chips, ChipKing, & I found out that I had better shoot a new gun BEFORE I shoot registered doubles, so I at least have an idea of where it shoots. All in all, it was a real fun weekend. We plan on returning again.
    Nice targets & all the staff were more than pleasant & cordial.

Butch from Pgh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

grand old dominion winchester