1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great trap video on local news - watch!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Amarillo GC, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amarillo GC

Amarillo GC Member

Great trapshooting on local NBC affilate. Watch the archive at the link:

http://myhighplains.com/content/fulltext/?cid=7791

This is part of a weekly segment where the local sports guy gets challenged in a different activity. This week it was trapshooting. Video filmed at the Amarillo Gun Club last week.

By the way, the sports anchor, who was a great sport, came back out on his own and shot this weekend. Planning a more in depth special on the gun club next month.

Come shoot with us this weekend.
    Amarillo Gun Club

2. mt

mt Member

that's very cool

3. srvfan

srvfan Member

Amarillo GC did I hear correctly that guy shot 700 in a row ??????
    Thanks
    Paul

4. TX-MX

TX-MX TS Member

He said that, but that was not correct. The shooter has recently had seven 100 straights, not seven hundred straight. I was around during the interview, and the shooter said it correctly, the TV guy just misunderstood.

I also know the TV guy, by the way, he is now hooked. Even his camera man is coming back out to shoot!

5. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

TX-MX or whomever is helping the guy-- he is cross-firing like crazy and needs to use tape/dot/one eye-- phil

6. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

What a great way to promote a local club and the shooting sports in general. Other clubs ought to pick up on this as positive exposure to a family oriented activity. Get the local media to show that beginners (including women and kids) and competition level shooters of all ages and backgrounds, can share in good clean fun in a safe environment.

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

WE had the local newspaper people at our club once with a photographer some years ago , 1999 , and the article with the pictures were in the Sunday papers . This paper has a large distribution area . Never had one person call or come to the club and say that they saw it . Had my phone number , email and website . We`ve since used that article on our website . Another paper covered us with a lesser circulation and we picked up guys from a retirement Village for 2 Sundays but that faded to nothing . No harm in trying but it didn`t work for us , Sorry to say .

8. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

years ago in the milwaukee area we would have local tv stations come out to the club during the state shoot. they may interview someone in charge and show the shooters shooting. over the years i would have to say that i don't see them as much, and i don't hear them comment about scores. about all we have are the scores published in the newspaper on mondays, from what happened at the sunday shoots. local gun clubs call in these scores. years ago an all american shooter gave me "sportman review magazines" i read everyone of them. that was a time in our country, that it seemed that our country was interested in shooting. nowadays, we are a small minority in sports. don't know if it is our fault, or anti gunners, or maybe both. majority of us shooters seem to be good citizens. we shoot for, and donate money and prizes to charity etc. we have a local newscaster who shoots every year in charity events, but never mentions it on the air.
    steve balistreri

9. TX-MX

TX-MX TS Member

Phil - thanks, went back to the video and noticed that. Not sure who helped him over the weekend but we'll watch him next time he's out.

10. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

To the top to keep it close to the eye dom thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.