1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great timing.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    How many people can say they received their dad's ashes on their birthday?

2. Brian in Oregon

Yes, he passed away last month, after a two month fight with cancer. At least he was only a half a state away, so we were able to make several visits and spend time with him.

My grandmother passed away on Christmas Eve, so yeah, BTDT with depressing holidays.

I supposed philosophically I should look at it like people are born every day, so it's only natural that they die every day. Doesn't mae it any easier.

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of your loss, Brian.

4. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

Yes, I have had days like that.

November 5th 2004, My Sister in-law called early that morning and told me my Brother had died a few hours earlier. She assured me there was nothing I could do to help her right then and she would call me later that day. I told her in that case, I would go into work and make arrangements with them and if she needed anything, just call me at work.

I got up and ready and went to work. Just as I was about to punch the time clock, my supervisor came up to me and said "Don't clock in." He said the company had been sold and I no longer had a job. I told him his (expletive deleted) joke wasn't funny. Well,,,,,,It wasn't a joke.

I lost my Brother and a my job, all within a couple hours of that November morning.

That is not to diminish your loss. I am truly sorry for your loss. I know from experience there are no words that I can give to lessen the heartbreak of loosing someone that close to you.

Life must go on because you have people that are more dependant on you now. Time will help and always remember to good times you had together.

How 'bout the first time he took you hunting?

Sincerely,
    Mark

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Sorry to hear that Brian,

My Dad just passed on Oct.19, My mothers birthday.

He was 68 and a Diabetic most his life. I was with him till he took his last breath.

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Brian, I'm very sorry for your loss.

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Sorry Brian. If it's any consolation, your Dad is very much alive... inside of you (and your kids, if you have any).

-Gary

8. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Brian, sorry to hear about your loss.

Bud Bartholow

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

My Mother died last July. Mom had alhzheimers and I had her living with my wife and I. She didn;t want to stay because we would not allow her the freedom that she was used to. The police in 5 different cities called us to come pick her up before we had custody. She would go somewhere and not know where she was. We were lucky nothing serious ever happened to her. Well once she decided that she did not want to live with us I didn't have much of a choice but to put her in a home.
    I got a bright idea to call my sister that hadn't talked to us for bout 20 years and let her know what was going on. My Mother decided she wanted to live with my sister. It didn't work out and without my knowledge Mom was put in a home. She died there. I found out after my sister had her cremated. She had a $400 funeral. I thought she deserved more than that but I had no say and no knowledge of what was going on. Still bothers me that I didn't have a chance to say my goodbyes. Bulge.

PS: sorry to vent on your thread. You have my sympathy.

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

My Dad died in the winter(Feb) of 1995, I don't recall the exact day but he died and..I still miss him.

Brian, I am truly sorry for your loss.

Curt

11. TC

TC TS Member

Brian and all, my condolences to each of you. Tony

12. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Brian, sorry to hear of your loss. Two months isn't much time to finish a life that was once so full. At least you did get to visit and spend some time with him. Sorry to hear of the timing of his passing. No one wants to have that happen on their personal important dates. Time will help to heal your wound. Hearing news like this makes one think of how precious those that we love are to us. Dan

13. Brian in Oregon

On top of that, Monday night (my birthday) I started feeling lousy. It's now Friday and I'm still down with a bad cold, probably the flu or whatever is going around. Because of my previous lung damage from near fatal pneumonia, this hits me harder than most people.

Mark, my dad never took me hunting. He was an avid hunter as a kid, but after he got back from the Korean War he never went hunting again. He said hunting men ruined it for him. We did do a lot of fishing together, though.

We don't know what we're going to do with his ashes. My two sisters and I decided to put that off until after the holidays. Then we'll discuss it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.