1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Time at The PA State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ed Y, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm surprised that no one has yet critiqued the PA State shoot, well here's mine. Other than the fact that I didn't win anything, it seemed to run without a glitch. Thanks to Dieter Krieghoff and John Allem for the donation of a beautiful Krieghoff as the prize for the famous Friday shoot off. Once again, my number was not drawn. Chuck Fritzges, once again, ran a smooth operation. Bob Stuart, although hidden from sight, ran his usual flawless operation. Thanks to Spear for the spotless grounds and the trap setters for some beautiful targets although they didn't always go where my shot was. Diane's staff prepared some great food but those folks have got to learn what real rye bread is and have to get a larger pot to cook the Haluski in, or get a second small pot. The scorers were all pretty, polite, and knowlegable. I was disappointed that I didn't win any of the many raffles that were held there. Too bad that my sleeve length is not 40 rather than 38. As usual I bought the wingspan of tickets at the Shriners table and the winning ticket was only 2 digits from mine. My best wishes to PAs newly elected ATA Delegate. Having been the NJ Delegate in the past, I know it can be a trying task. Suggestion for next year is to have a Tip Box for the trap help (scorers and loaders).

Ed Yanchok

ps What happened to all the predicted foul weather

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Outstanding shoot. Very well run.

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Singles don't count for a healthy paycheck but major congrats to Deb Ohye for being the first lady to capture the PA Singles Championship with the lone in-state 200.

Other than that, the short yardage wonder Handicap shooters took home the biggest share of the big dogs money proving multiple, free handicap reductions do work in PA. Unfortunately, Walmart announced today it's only hiring part time greeters with no benefits. Even less good news for the big dogs!!

4. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

The foul weather was hopefully diverted to where Obama was...and yes it was a good shoot. ed nichols

5. hoov

hoov Member

ED Y Thanks for supporting our Shriners Hospital for Children 50/50.
    Sorry you did not win, but I know your wing-span has to be up there with the long ones. I think the longest one this year was 43 tickets.
    Earl Hoover Syria Shrine Gun Club Pittsburgh,PA

6. zinger

zinger Member

Yeah Ed, I can't ever remember TS.Com being this quiet after a PA state shoot..lol
    Guess everyone was happy for a change? Wish I would've shot better myself but at least my squadmate Robyn did! Wishing are new delegate best of luck!

7. det131

det131 Member

ED it was good to see you up at the shoot I had a great time. I did not shoot well, got a little sciatic issue going on along with my normal cranial-rectal inversion (head up butt), but I shot lucky. Hit a Lewis in every event I entered. Maybe next year we'll get into that shoot off. I always seem to break one too many or one too few. I agree with the Tip Box idea, the scorers we had did a great job and seemed to have superior vision, none of them missed a chip. Always great to see old friends and make some new ones, it aint't necessarily all about winning.

Jim

BCF&G

8. gr8shot

gr8shot Member

i did not see Kay's name anywhere. Did he shoot?

steve.

9. gr8shot

gr8shot Member

stuart site shows he shot the first day and that was it. what happened?

10. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ill health