1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Target Management!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I shot my last 2007 registered targets Saturday. On over 5000+ singles targets I ended up with a 93.98% average! How's that for staying just under A? Pass another sand bag, please. LOL.

Actually, I have been classed in A for quite a while and tied for class Saturday. The secret is to start the year without a release, get a release and take a Leo Harrison clinic. Picked up 5 yards with a 90+ HC average too.
    Thanks Darrell at Spears and thanks Leo.

PS. Just got a membership solicitation from the KTA.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

When I classify I use the current average, look for a few very low or very high scores, the last 1000 targets and wins and ties. There is much more to classification than a simple average.

Pat Ireland

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

See Tom, that is bad target management!

Pat is right. Classification should always be on an average of the last 500-1000 targets. However, at some big shoots, they just look at the computer average. The guy at the Spring Grand was going to put me in C based on the 6 classes averages until I told him I shouldn't shoot in C. The real point here is that annual averages can be very misleading in representing a shooter's current abilities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.