1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Spring Bear Hunt

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by esetter, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Just received a call from a good friend of mine in New Brunswick Canada. He runs a Bear hunting camp and due to the economy is in need of some hunters. I hunted with him for 12 years and you won't find a better guide or a better person. This is stand hunting over bait and he will start hunting around April 20. He has never advertised, gone to shows, etc. because he has never needed to. He runs 100% kill, most years. The only reason you won't get a bear is if you can't shot your weapon, or you hold out for a monster bear, he is that good. This is not a frilly hunt out of a fancy lodge, but if you want to hunt with a good small outfit, with a great guide, and see bears, this is a great deal. He is only charging $1550 for the entire hunt which includes everything except the license. I don't think you will beat the price and I guarantee he will make you laugh all week long. He is such good guy that the last five years I went there I didn't even hunt, just ran baits with him so I could listen to his stories. You will be hunting with him or his son, as this is a small family run business. If interested email me and I'll put you in touch or call Edward Fredricks at 506-279-2177. Good luck, Gerry Addison, esetter.

2. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

3. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

0   0   0

The Pope took a couple of days off to visit the rugged mountains of Alaska for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the campground in the Pope Mobile when there was a frantic commotion just at the edge of the woods. A helpless Democrat, wearing sandals, shorts, a 'Vote for Obama' hat and a 'Save the Trees' t-shirt, was screaming while struggling frantically and thrashing around trying to free himself from the grasp of a 10-foot grizzly.

As the Pope watched in horror, a group of Republican loggers with 'Go Sarah' t-Shirts came racing up. One quickly fired a 44 magnum into the bear's chest. The other two reached up and pulled the bleeding, semiconscious Democrat from the bear's grasp. Then the three loggers finished off the bear and two of them threw it onto the bed of their truck while the other tenderly placed the injured Democrat in the back seat.

As they prepared to leave, the Pope summoned them to come over. 'I give you my blessing for your brave actions!' he told them. 'I heard there was a bitter hatred between Republican loggers and Democratic environmental activists, but now I've seen with my own eyes that this is not true.'

As the Pope drove off, one logger asked his buddies 'Who was that guy?'

'It was the Pope,' another replied. 'He's in direct contact with Heaven and has access to knowledge and wisdom.'

'Well,' the logger said, 'he may have access to all wisdom, but he doesn't know squat about bear hunting! By the way, is the bait still alive, or do we need to go back to San Francisco and get another one?'

HeeHee.....lb

4. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I thought that they banned the Spring bear hunts in Canada....or is that just Ontario?

6. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

0   0   0

Last time I went hunting bear I got arrested for indecent exposure. And a few thorns I don't want to talk about.

Rock

Jim

7. MX/MT

MX/MT TS Member

0   0   0

JerryP,

A much better idea is to use powdered doghnuts. A head shot is preferred. That way when you see the puff of white powder, you know you've made a good shot.

Also no messy jelly to clean from the hair.

8. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I know that in Northern Ontario, where I fish a couple of times a year, it's been banned and it's getting damn dangerous out in the bush.

9. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'll bet some of the people knocking hunting bears over bait deer hunt over a food plot they planted, or dove hunt over a field of wheat they chopped a few days before. Or how about Antelope over a water hole, maybe Elk over a wallow, ducks over decoys. Man there is a group here that is very judgemental about the way others legally hunt. I don't know of any animal that is hunted properly according to a couple people on here. I guess the only real hunter uses a knife and runs the animal down. No, a knife would aide the hunter, I guess it must be with bear hands. For those of you that would like to hunt bear over bait, this is a great hunt with a great guide. It is perfect for an older hunter that can't climb the mountains but still loves to hunt. Or the archer that wants a bear with his bow. You will have a good time and get to see bears.

10. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

0   0   0

You are right esetter. It is too bad we have PETA members on a shooting site.

11. DB3006

DB3006 Member

0   0   0

Baiting bear is legal in many states including Wisconsin and Minnesota. Why knock a legal form of hunting if you are a hunter yourself? That just adds to the anti's fire.

DB3006

12. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

0   0   0

The only bear hunts I have seen were either by bait, dogs or glassing large open areas or along waterways. I don't think you are going to get a bear by just wandering in the woods hoping to run into one. esetters examples comparing to other types of hunting were valid comparisons. I am not fooled by these PETA types. I know they are opposed to all hunting. They worship the other and all the animals on it except humans, they despise humans. Stop being such a liberal. If you don't like hunting bear over bait, don't do it.

13. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

0   0   0

Yeah Jerry, well, whatever. You're the one that tells us about this " disgusting" individual, Yet you know what room the bear is in, what position it's mounted, etc.

While you were in his den drinking his beer admiring his bear, did you tell him he was disgusting, or did you agree that it was a beautiful bear like a true two faced bastard?

14. jcw62

jcw62 TS Member

0   0   0

" It is perfect for an older hunter that can't climb the mountains but still loves to hunt."

" Whut in tarnation does they does brin' yo' a bar thet is in a wheel chair so yo' kin shoot it.

15. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

0   0   0

So you're the type that peers in others windows at night? Well, that's comforting to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.