1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*Great Site - But Not a Place to Have Fun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Onceabum, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I love this site and spend a great deal of time enjoying it. Answers to any questions can be found here whether it be about trapshooting or just about life's problems in general.

BUT.....It is not a place for you to have fun. Anything other than serious posts are frowned upon by certain website biggies.

Example: Neil Winston is so wrapped up in being intelligent that I wonder if he ever cracks a smile. Can he be having fun?

Example 2: Whiz White, a very honorable man, spends much of his time trying to keep peace between some of the posters and the powers that be. How much fun can Whiz be having?

Example 3: MIA spends time explaining what other posters are saying. I bet he's having a ball...not.

Several shooters on this site have two or more names. They may command respect under one name and yet be thought of as a buffoon under another. Wouldn't it be great if we found out that Neil is also PUKEY STAGG and Pat Ireland is also MR NEWBIUS?

NOW THAT WOULD BE FUNNY.

Booger

2. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I am who I am and he is not me so he is not me and I am not him but then who we are is all really a mystery to everyone.

Pat Winston
    Aug 7th, 2008

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

OK, I admit it, Singh writes all my stuff and I've never seen a trace of humor in him. I keep writing him "Hey, lighten up just a bit now and then, will you?" but he doesn't even try; at least that's my opinion.

Neil

4. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

MIA ... since your here now could you please tell me what I said above? I'm not quite sure what I said but I know you can explain what I said to myself for me.

Neil Ireland
    Aug. 7th, 2008

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

You know, some of us are serious about our shooting and we log on this site to
    learn something and try to improve. We don't need a bunch of jokesters to get on here and practice their comedy routines. If I want to be entertained, I'll go to a comedy club or watch Leno or Letterman on TV.

6. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I think that the reason why some questions are posed numerous times is because there are new folks logging onto the site and they do not know how to use all the features. I don't mind the same questions being asked nor answered. As long as new folks come on here that means that new folks are showing an interest. John

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Well, sometimes it chumming and sometimes its matching the hatch. But it is all good fun and even though I tweak him a bit, the fact that Neil comes on here and represents the ATA so well is a huge plus. However, he should have ordered the "sense of humor" upgrade on his Singh model.

Now, if he would just get Gary a computer and a login so he could continue his precedent it would be very helpful going forward.

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Mia, if your going to reinvent yourself, try to remember to add humor. It makes lifes problems a little easier. Although it doesn't really help them. Mike.

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

It's hard to pull the chain on some of these old "Grouch's."

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

Neil does have a sense of humor and often shows that on this site. His humor does fly over the head of some who don't pay close attention. Did you know that Neil is also one of the very few people who has seen a snow snake?

Pat Ireland

11. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Just for a hoot, I did the following searches on Google.

"trapshooting" 127,000 sites
    "trapshooting tips" 241 sites
    "joke" 155 million sites
    "jokes" 105 million sites

I'm a clown. I took a class, and I've posted my pic here. I only put on a costume and face for special events, though.

I wish everyone had the same sense of humor, and also the same judgment about what is appropriate in mixed company, and then we could all enjoy OT comedy mixed in with all the great advice, coaching and stuff you can find on this site.

But if I had to choose, I'd take my trapshooting stuff plain vanilla here while enjoying one of the 155 million joke sites available.

Danny

12. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Well said, Danny!

13. bb-84

bb-84 Member

Mengwe Glad to see you didnt get sent off to the Gulag.

14. chessney

chessney TS Member

Welcom back Mengwe! It's nice to see a good hearted person back in the ranks!...Ziggy

15. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

If we can't have some fun and crank each other up from time to time,and share a laugh then shut down and live in a void

16. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Trapshooting (and other shooting sports) is a hobby and supposed to be fun....so let's all have some fun.....

If you're not having fun....quit and go bother someone else.

Curt

17. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I find that trapshooting is a good way to relax and have fun. I don't see the harm in a joke now and then, but I think it is now forbidden to post a joke on this site. It is just my opinion, but I think that a good joke is more pleasant to read than some of the other stuff that that I have seen. I will be going to the Grand this weekend with some good friends, and I know there will be joke telling involved. It seems to me that it is all part of the occasion. Maybe I will see some of you there. Have a good afternoon, Rodbuster.

18. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

BCNU, aka John. Thanks, I couldn't have said it better. If it's so annoying for some to see the same old stuff asked, then don't open the thread. Not everyone is as smart as you or is as knowledgable about the site. I would like to meet some of your children and see what kind of behind you've raised them to be. It doesn't cost anything to smile and be a help to folks. What would life be like anyway without a little humor. Speaking of humor, I can't seem to understand the problem with the jokes as no one makes you open them to start with. Oh Well, life is short, some folks make it shorter. Jackie B.

19. Juno

Juno TS Member

THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD,
    [​IMG]

20. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rodbuster,take it from me I have first hand experience. Jokes are NOT BANNED.I did start to overwhelm the site with jokes and had a lot of thank you posts because of them. Statements that they broke up the monotany of 7 1/2 or 8's. David(for those of you that do not know him) the owner of the site asked me to curtail them, not give them up completely. So in future posts I will make sure I put in the title "Joke" or "Humor" so those that do not like jokes don't have to open them. If they do it's their stupidity and they just want to aggravate themselves (masochists). I am also limiting my jokes to two threads a week. Not necessarily two jokes a week, just two threads open for jokes. To those of you that sent E-mail or posted on my behalf, I thank-you. Mike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.