1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great shell cutter!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

I am so good at reloading i dont need a cutter.......................

Bill

2. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Wow, I wonder how many beers papa had when he wrote his reply.

Place shell in jaws, squeeze firmly and rotate shell, if you squeeze to hard you do cut the wad. FD

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

I pulled my pvc cutter out of the shop and it does a great job with light pressure, thanks for the tip

Bill

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

There is a guy on here who sells a shell cuuter for $25 or two for $45. I too used to use the pvc cutter and I laughed at some of the people on here buying his cutter because of the price. Well, I broke down and ordered one ( actually two, I got one for a special friend) I threw my PVC cutter out and so will you if you get one of his. His name is Gary Hughes( Bully enterprises in Montana) Do yourself a favor and buy one. Top shelf in quality and works like a champ.

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I agree with cubancigar2000, the Bulley shell cutter allows you to save the wad along with everything else. The hull is the only thing lost.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

cut behind the wad if you want to keep it but reused wads that have been crushed will give bad crimps sometimes rick

7. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I bought one of the milled aluminum shell cutters that someone on this site makes and sells. I just finished disassembling 4 1/2 flats of over-pressure reloads and I can't say enough good about that cutter. One twist cuts the hull all the way through.

Thanks to whomever builds those things (the name Rossman sticks in my mind?)!

Morgan

8. gary8665

gary8665 TS Member

Good idea, works great. Should be included with new reloaders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.