1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Phil Kiner Clinic Outside Baltimore

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pdq, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdq

pdq Member

Aug 24, 2006
    This past weekend I took a clinic with Phil Kiner at the Glen Rock Gun Club in Shrewsbury, PA., north of Baltimore.

If you Baltimore shooters haven't been there, it is worth the trip, just a few minutes off I-83 -- great club, very well run.

Phil of course did a terrific job -- one of the hardest working guys around. Both days started at 8AM, and he didn't wrap up until after 8PM on Saturday. The video taping was great -- everyone saw what they were doing wrong (the TV doesn't lie), then Phil would work with them to correct that problem, or in my case, problems. Lots of 1 on 1 instruction.

Many thanks to Mike, Lonnie and John for making it a terrific weekend -- you guys and others there really jumped through hoops to make sure everyone felt welcome, and that everything ran smoothly.

My only regret is that your club is 2 hours away, else I'd be a regular there.

2. Josephdog

Josephdog TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I was there too!

It was a great learning experience, and I enjoyed it immensely. Phil is a great instructor and a student of the game of trapshooting. He is quick to recognize aspects of each student’s technique that could stand improvement, and the videos proved how right he was. What was amazing was he could see faults at regular speed and I could hardly see them in slow motion.
    The first day started at 8AM and ended at 8PM, but Phil was gentle with us on the second day by going only to 7PM. Those that shot the doubles paid for 19 rounds; that’s 475 targets in two days.
    It is unfortunate that Phil has to work for a living. He fits in instructional activities as he can, and it is rare that he appears on the east coast. His teaching schedule is uncertain. I will certainly sign up for the next class in the east should one become available.
    A special thank you goes out to the people who hosted the event at the Glen Rock Shooting Club. This is a sweet club.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.