1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Personal Instruction in S.E. PA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by K-EIGHTY, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

If anyone is interested in trap shooting personal instruction/coaching at a reasonable rate, I would strongly recommend calling Norm Beaver @ #610.927.7244. Beside being the grandson of ATA Hall of Famer Walter Beaver, Norm has averaged 97 or better (at 16 yds) 11 times, 98 or better 6 times and 99 one time between 1999 and 2010. He won the PA State Singles Championship in 2003 with 450 straight (including the shoot-off). He recently retired and is now available for one-on-one instructions for $50/hr. (less than a flat of shells). He lives in Reading, PA and is routinely seen at South End Gun Club, Lower Providence R&G Club, and West Chester Gun Club. Norm's instructions fill a huge gap that exists between instructional videos (I have them all) and clinics with Kay or Harlan. If anyone would like any additional information, feel free to send me a PM.

Cheers,

K-EIGHTY

2. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

3. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

4. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

K Eighty, you modestly forgot to mention your 100 straight at the Maryland shoot this year.

I took several clinics last year (Nora Ross, Ohye, and Kiner) and each helped in a different way. However, it wasn't until I started working with Norm this spring that I realized how personal and precise trap instruction can be.

For years, I was a bent over shooter, leaning forward and crawling the stock. I posted some good ata scores (very high 90's)but I was inconsistant. I needed a "trapshooting make over".

After a few sessions with Norm, my form is better, I am upright, I see a better target area, I am more comfortable on the line, and my gun fits now.

My scores are climbing again in the mid 90's and I recently shot a 97 to win a regional handicap event.

If you are looking for personal help to improve your technique, give Norm a try & be flexible.

js in PA

5. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

6. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

7. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

8. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

9. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

10. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

11. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Hey guys its not a big invesment here but can anybody else vouch for Norman?? Other than K-80 and Mr. Smith can someone list his ATA average for me I do not shoot registered.
    Thank you,
    Jim Z

12. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

Jim Z,

I shot on Norm's squad yesterday at the Chester County ATA Campionships at West Chester Gun Club. Norm broke the only 100 straight at 16 yds. Check the clubs website (in a few days) for the shoot results. www.westchestergunclub.com

K-EIGHTY

13. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.