1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great news from Tony Galazan

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Border Bandit, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

In today's mail, came the announcement that Tony Galazan at CSMC is offering the RBL in 12, 16, 20, and 28GA all with appropriately scaled frames. The delightful RBL 20GA is on it's 3rd year, with the RBL 28GA starting it's second. The news that Tony is expanding the bigger brother offerings of this wonderful and affordable line of side by side doubles is terrific news. Here, friends, is an American Company, manufacturing what are, in my opinion, the finest shotguns you can buy anywhere in the world. I applaud you, Mr Galazan .....congratulations! ....mike poore

2. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The finest shotguns you can buy anywhere in the world (your words)

The RBL in 20 GA I got was a poor example of A sidexside
    The fit and finish wasnt good at all
    Now maybe for over 3k I spent I got what I paid for but it is far from being the finest sxs in the world
    I assume you have an interest in this company or in some way make money of this company
    And by the way I bought 3 of them one for me and 2 for my twin as a keep sake

3. Bridger

Bridger Member

Nice guns and I would order a 12 gauge to set up for clay targets if I thought they would keep their word on production. When they released the 20 they said it was going to be 6 months for delivery. I think the first ones showed up after a year. 28's were no better, maybe worse. There's really no reason to believe they will do any better this time around, especially when they are releasing two new guns. I have a friend still waiting for his 28 that he ordered over a year ago. I don't have that kind of patience especially when they want paid in full up front for "priority delivery".

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Pikers. Spend the 17 Grand, get a good one.

HM

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I suspect Mr. Poore is trying to find the DELETE button as we speak.

6. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh! I had no idea there are/were unhappy RBL owners out there. I have no finical interest in CMSC and only hope them every success. And yes, I believe the RBL is among the finest side by side shotguns you can buy, world wide.

As told before, I had an issue with mine, and after contacting CMSC, returned it for repair and had it back in a week the first time. I paid the freight on my end, which seems the industry standard, and certainly can't complain about that part of the arrangement. I believe, as with negotiations concerning service of any kind, approach, like making love with tigers, can be a very fine and delicate art. Certainly, when you are angry or upset, it is not the time to be talking to the folks from whom you expect to receive service.

I found out who to talk to, patiently and thoroughly explained the issue, and had a complete understanding of what was expected; from me and from CMSC. The second trip required replacement of the wood, (exhibition grade) which they did in a timely manner without hesitation, and at no expense to me.

If you're thinking of buying one of these fine guns, consider what you're getting for your money, and perhaps, temper your decision with reports from happy satisfied customers, along with the reports of those who are not. In my experience, many negative reports came from folks who never saw, held, (fondled) or shot one of the wee delights. I assure you, a piece of crap, it is not.

I waited a year for my Launch edition, and yes Tony had my money the whole time. The reward was well worth the wait, never mind the negative speculation offered elsewhere, in some cases from folks who never ordered nor wanted an RBL. respectfully, ....mike

7. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Mike, you say "I paid the freight on my end, which seems to be the industry standard." Every new gun I have ever returned to the maker was shipped in a box with a manufacturers shipping label attached, supplied and paid for by them.

8. jsa3107

Mike
    I am not sure who your remark was toward (never mind the negative speculation(
    I will tell you again I bought 3
    I wasnt impressed enough like you to say ( the finest shotguns you can buy anywhere in the world)Those are your words not mine
    They are not anywhere close to your claim above
    But for 3-4k I guess they are ok but no where near the best in the market ...
    And when I called I didnt get someone that seemed to care about what I was saying

9. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Search on Connecticut Shotgun Company. The post was fairly recent and there was not a good word about buying one of those guns unless you were holding it in your hands.

10. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Every gun I have had to send back was paid for by me. It was shipped back at their expense. Probably at least a dozen over the years...

11. jsa3107

Well said doggai

12. RTI4444

RTI4444 Member

Recently got a Winchester m-23 from Dawson Doubles (Excellent to deal with). The winchesters are increasing in value each year. Not sure about the CMSC guns. Heard their service was inconsistant, so I did not seriously consider the RBL.

13. tj303

tj303 Member

The RBL is an American made SKB.

14. 50-140

50-140 TS Member

Is that why SKB stopped making side by sides about 5 years ago, so Galazan could start making them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.