1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great News from Italy for Perazzi

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whiz white, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Great News from Italy.

Marcello Giuliani of GMGunParts.com and I spoke again today at length and many great things are in the mill. Now I know what that literally means. The parts are being milled. He is located in Teramo, Italy.

Here’s what Marcello and I are doing and want to do for trapshooters:

1. We are now making a Perazzi trigger housing in Stainless Steel and it will accept all Perazzi parts including the sears, hammers, cocking feet, springs, everything.

2. We will be begin manufacturing Perazzi hammer, sears, spring caps, trigger selector, adjustable trigger (RH or LH) or EVERYTHING to fit into the Stainless Steel trigger housing to make a complete trigger. I think also that a release kit that could easily be engaged or disengaged (like the TM triggers of the mid 70’s). We will offer these parts as a Gunsmith Kit, probably in the neighborhood of $400-$600.

3. I will be in Italy this summer to consult on the manufacture of a new trap gun style in the image of the Perazzi, but with several new innovations. One being the butt-stock (I am lobbying heavily for this) will mate to the receiver much like the Ljutic and Seitz. I particularly do not like the tang idea. It is an expensive machining operation and often times the stock crack in this area.

4. Marcello is extremely excited about making the gun, and making it with some innovation and new styles.

5. This gun will accept the Perazzi triggers.

Marcello does not, and I concur, want to make an adjustable/moveable rib. It is a gimmick and has literally nothing to do with POI, only what you see when you look down the rib. And, honestly, I’ve been on the 27 since 1975 and I NEVER look down my rib… well, maybe once or twice when I begin for the season JUST to make sure my face fat has not changed my sight picture much. POI is changed by (1) how the barrel is mated to the receiver, and after that (2) the height of the comb. Therefore, adjustable stocks will be on all guns at this point, and palm swells. I also lobbied for nicer wood. This is really an insignificant expense when the gun is being made. Nicer wood is also a gimmick… we pay way, way too much for above average wood.

White White<BR>
    S&W Supply Company<BR>
    (605) 341-4412

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Sounds great, Whiz! Good luck with your new endeavor.

Sounds like a winner!

Wishing you and Marcello the best.

Hauxfan!

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

If you aren't going to have an adjustable rib then leave of the middle bead so people don't get hysterical about the devine figure 8.

I'm all for the adjustable comb only.

Sounds great and I hope you'll ship me a prototype to evaluate asap.

4. whiz white

MIA: I told the PD I'm not doing any more up-fits. I am only now selling them the equipment; lights, sirens, consoles, cages, etc. I'm too damn old for crawling around on my back.

Great idea about no mid-bead... and honestly, why do we even bother with them.

I want the option of screw-in chokes, and possible an action that would accept combo barrels; single and O/U. Marcello would see no problem in any of this.

I always have to laugh when I hear about the "Figure 8" speech. Boy, I totally agree, that went out with the fiber wad. Most of the folks who touted the Fig-8 are dead now, so I don't hear it as much. Probably could simply leave off BOTH beads to be honest.

I think I need to now invest in that Rosetta Stone software I see advertised on TV, so I can possibly speak some Italian.

I have to keep a rein on Marcello because he really wants to make a super futuristic trapgun... this will become an interesting matter, I am sure.

Bill Malcolm in Canada suggested we call it the "Whizzazzi." Had a good laugh on that one, but maybe we should start a contest to give it a name. Winner could possible get a new trigger or something to make it interesting.

I will suggest this to Marcello (he's probably reading this now).

Whiz

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Whizz, sounds like the ultimate competition shotgun along with great add-on parts!

Name it? MG-T Competition. Marcello Giuliani-Trap/Teramo Competition covers the maker and all configurations I'd think? The T could be double stamped one over the other to represent Trap and Teramo? My first thoughts on a name and I'd love to own and shoot an MT-double T Competition also. Hap

6. whiz white

Marcello has someone there who is a designer working on its design now.

As soon as I hear more, I will post it.

Whiz

7. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I do like the mid bead a lot. I like it on all my deliberately mounted guns.
    I DO NOT use the fig 8. I like it for alignment left & right. I always look at & down the rib when I mount the gun to make sure that aspect is correct. On beads,I also like a small front. Too many companies put a huge Bradley style up there & it take away from the sight picture. Good Luck,Whiz. Teach 'em all how it's done.

8. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Whiz,,,as a typacial ATA shooter,mid 90's,A 16,s ,,,22 yrds in caps mid 80's and very eritaic in doubles,,,mid 80's,,,,,I think a test by a shooter such as my self would be more representitive of you customer base than one by a AAA, 27,AA shooter,,,,and I am looking forward to reciving my ticket to Italy for my fitting,, P.S,,,say Hi to the two Brothers from H.S.,,,,hope to be out that way for more Praire dog fun,,,maybe a side trip after the grand

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Whiz. I am one of the old heads. Fiber Wads and Mid Beads. You Betcha! LOL

I like a mid bead for several reasons. It is part of my pre shot routine as a reference. Once I memorize the bead stack, I can take the gun stock with an adjustable comb apart for service, drying out, or whatever, and reset everything without firing a shot.

Also, I was raised up with a mid bead.

Give a holler when you get your next parts shipment in.

10. whiz white

Better hurry out for prairie dogs, as there is a movement to put them on the endangered list. Boy, we need that like a hole in the head. I'm sure the ranchers are excited as heck about this federal decision.

People not livin/ranching/farming here are clueless.

Coach: I have a jig here that utilizes a laser to adjust the stocks I use.

I'm sure there'll be a bead or two, but, personally, I'd like to not have them. Have to agree with RunGunIPSC about the Bradley looking like a garbage can lid on the end of my barrel.

Whiz

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

You are right about the traditional Bradley.

I prefer the Hi Viz small green pipe, and a small ivory center bead.

12. chuckles

chuckles Member

Hi Whiz, good thread you've got going...

Could you hazard a Ballpark price for the new all around Whizzazzi...much interested in the project, wish you well.

I have a Trap gun(Top single 34) and an everything else gun (Beretta 391 Field)but can shoot everything well with just the 391...

I essentially shoot off the end of my barrel, using beads for the occassional lining up(to be sure of proper hold)...I do all my adjustments (as in hold as in gun fit) from watching my breaks then adjusting...

Old fashioned and non technical but works for me.

regards

13. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

If it is going to be called the Whizzazzi - thta's going to put a whole new spin on 'P-gun,' isn't it?

Tony

14. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear Whiz,
    Good luck with your "new gun idea". Making a high quality assembly is extremely difficult & expensive. I think you should make a "replacement receiver" for "P" style TM-1's and 34/35" barrels FIRST. You would make a better profit on the parts then the entire gun! But you had better hurry, "Time is marching on". The "P" guys MAY change their attitude on NOT supplying these pieces for the TM-1.
    Sincerely,
    Jet Boat Bill
    P.S. The Big three car makers are in trouble while the aftermarket car parts mfr's are merging into cartels that are doing very well in hard times for their CEO's!

15. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Whiz,

I travel to Italy six times per year for work (three times to Milan, three time to Sorrento).

Won't claim to be perfect in Italian, but I am very passable. If I can be of help, just let me know. Plus I have good access to translators - not the professional ones (they drive me a bit nuts - they want to interpret, not translate), these are just people who speak English well.

FYI I shoot 'B' guns not the 'P' ones - have been to Brescia to the 'B' factory - but figure anyone who shoots is OK. Open offer to help.

David Delacato
    610-608-0825

16. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

david delacato guns

marcello giuliani in italy