1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great news a Democrate with some friggin brains

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by striper, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

    striper Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    264
    WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- U.S. Rep. Mike Ross, D-Ark., a leader of fiscally conservative House Democrats, said Wednesday a House plan to overhaul the U.S. health-care system is losing support and will be stuck in committee without changes.

    "Last time I checked, it takes seven Democrats to stop a bill in the Energy and Commerce Committee," Ross told reporters after a House vote. "We had seven against it last Friday; we have 10 today."
     
  2. Fathawk

    Fathawk TS Member

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2008
    Messages:
    202
    Good for him, I hope it works.

    That's the beauty of the system, I hope it pans out.
     
  3. Paladin

    Paladin Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    4,398
    The following is why the tide is turning against it. It's all about the polls. Period. Here Trappy, this is for you. Learn from it. Maybe someday you will know something.

    From Rasmussen;

    "78% Say Health Care Reform Likely to Mean Higher Taxes for the Middle Class"
     
  4. oz

    oz Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    1,817
    It would be great if the gov't would give us the sme health care that the politicians get. oz
     
  5. halfmile

    halfmile Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    15,648
    Location:
    Green Bay Wisconsin
    oz, the last time that sort of thing had a chance of happening was when Marie Antoinette said, "Let them eat cake".

    Only there was no cake. I just saw, last night, a bit where canadian pets have a much better chance for an MRI than humans. NO waiting. but it takes 2 months for people. And we're supposed to welcome this garbage.

    HM
     
  6. brigade

    brigade TS Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2009
    Messages:
    229
    Heck, this is a RECORD...........Ed
     
  7. Milkbone

    Milkbone TS Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2009
    Messages:
    406
    Sad that only 78% can see the obvious- the other 22% must be slappie's kin.
     
  8. ccw1911

    ccw1911 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    816
    Rep. John Fleming (R-La.) introduced a bill Monday that urges members of Congress who vote to create a government-run health insurance agency to give up their own comprehensive health insurance plans to join the new the public option they advocate for others.

    So far no democrats and only 7 republicans would agree to that.
     
  9. luvnbearhugs1

    luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2006
    Messages:
    723
    Here is what Ron Paul had to say about it as a doctor and a legislator. I for one do not plan to help pay for anyone else's medical care. I spend a fortune just taking care of my immediate family!


    http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/281590/Healthcare-Is-%22Not-a-Right%22-and-Obama%27s-Plan-Will-Cost-Way-Beyond-1T-Ron-Paul-Says?tickers=^dji%2C^GSPC%2Cpph%2Cjnj%2Cmrk%2Cpfe%2Cunh
     
  10. Barry C. Roach

    Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    9,209
    Location:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Can a presidential candidate name someone from a different part as his/her running mate?
     
  11. Paladin

    Paladin Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    4,398
    Up for ccw1911's post.


    The hypocritical stench is obvious with liberalism. Those people have ALWAYS been "do as I say, but don't do as I do" as waterhouselake mentioned. What really intrigues me is how dumb liberals can be.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.