1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great news a Democrate with some friggin brains

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by striper, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- U.S. Rep. Mike Ross, D-Ark., a leader of fiscally conservative House Democrats, said Wednesday a House plan to overhaul the U.S. health-care system is losing support and will be stuck in committee without changes.

"Last time I checked, it takes seven Democrats to stop a bill in the Energy and Commerce Committee," Ross told reporters after a House vote. "We had seven against it last Friday; we have 10 today."

2. Fathawk

Fathawk TS Member

Good for him, I hope it works.

That's the beauty of the system, I hope it pans out.

3. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

The following is why the tide is turning against it. It's all about the polls. Period. Here Trappy, this is for you. Learn from it. Maybe someday you will know something.

From Rasmussen;

"78% Say Health Care Reform Likely to Mean Higher Taxes for the Middle Class"

4. oz

oz Active Member

It would be great if the gov't would give us the sme health care that the politicians get. oz

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

oz, the last time that sort of thing had a chance of happening was when Marie Antoinette said, "Let them eat cake".

Only there was no cake. I just saw, last night, a bit where canadian pets have a much better chance for an MRI than humans. NO waiting. but it takes 2 months for people. And we're supposed to welcome this garbage.

HM

6. brigade

brigade TS Member

Heck, this is a RECORD...........Ed

7. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

Sad that only 78% can see the obvious- the other 22% must be slappie's kin.

8. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Rep. John Fleming (R-La.) introduced a bill Monday that urges members of Congress who vote to create a government-run health insurance agency to give up their own comprehensive health insurance plans to join the new the public option they advocate for others.

So far no democrats and only 7 republicans would agree to that.

9. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Here is what Ron Paul had to say about it as a doctor and a legislator. I for one do not plan to help pay for anyone else's medical care. I spend a fortune just taking care of my immediate family!

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/281590/Healthcare-Is-%22Not-a-Right%22-and-Obama%27s-Plan-Will-Cost-Way-Beyond-1T-Ron-Paul-Says?tickers=^dji%2C^GSPC%2Cpph%2Cjnj%2Cmrk%2Cpfe%2Cunh

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Can a presidential candidate name someone from a different part as his/her running mate?

11. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Up for ccw1911's post.

The hypocritical stench is obvious with liberalism. Those people have ALWAYS been "do as I say, but don't do as I do" as waterhouselake mentioned. What really intrigues me is how dumb liberals can be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.