1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great new High End Gun Shop in Detroit MI!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I got the chance over this last week to visit the brand new Great Lakes Sporting Arms in Detroit MI while attending the Detroit Motorstate skeet shoot. The owner is Kurt Grates, and he has created a spectacular high end shotgun showroom about 1000 yards from Detroit Gun Club. He has everything as far as high end guns go, Kolar, Krieghoff, Perazzi, Beretta, Blaser (and even a couple Piottis!). Stop in and see it if you are in the area, its located at 8585 PGA Drive, Suite 104, Walled Lake, MI 48390 (quite literally within walking distance of DGC, I walked there myself a couple times over the weekend). From what I can see, Great Lakes Sporting Arms is going to end up being a full service dealer, not just a place where you go and buy a gun.

Ian

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

That was Larry Woo's website address wasn't it?

3. skeet_man

That was Larry's old web address, but goes to kurts new website. Kurt did buy out some of Larry's old inventory, but thats the only connection b/w the 2 businesses. Larry's shop was @ Bald Mountain gun club I believe, while Kurts is in a business complex.

4. skeet_man

just google mapped it,,,,,750 yards from door to door,,,less if you walk LOL

5. digger1dog

digger1dog Member

I have been in that shop and it is very nice, Kurt is a pleasure to deal with.

Fred J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

high end gun store

high end gun stores in michigan

larry woo shotguns

shotgun larry woo

why doesnt larry woo shoot skeet anymore