1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Monthly Newsletter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rollin Oswald, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Interested in a great monthly newsletter about shooting? If you are, I highly recommend Dennis DeVault and Dean DeBow's newsletter. Each writes a short informational piece. Once you get on their list, monthly newsletters are sent as attachments to email messages.

This month, Dean wrote a very interesting piece on remaining hydrated when shooting in hot weather. A key piece of information involved the need to avoid raising sodium levels while drinking things to remain hydrated.

This is important, he explained, because salt without prolonged exercise is not beneficial to shooters. Salt makes us retain water. Water swells our tissues, some of which are on our face. When this happens, our eyes align or actually, misalign with the ribs on our guns making the POIs change (or makes us feel like something is wrong).

Many of us eat too much salt. We don't need more when drinking a can or bottle of whatever to keep hydrated while shooting. He continued listing available drinks that have vitamins B and C, some with +Lutein or potassium but with virtually no sodium. There are also drinks that have no sugar for us diabetics.

Dennis, this month wrote an interesting piece about stock pitch and the effect it has on POI and our shooting in general. (He and I will resolve the difference in the way we define positive and negative pitch this winter.)

Hopefully, Dennis or Dean will post to this thread and explain how to get on their emailing list. (I knew once but have forgotten.)

Rollin

2. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

http://www.ddshooting.com/index.html

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Easier

Eric

4. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Rollin,

Thank you for the plug. We are approaching 500 names on our list and it has been enjoyable. This month marks the one year anniversary of the newsletter. To get on the list you can go to www.ddshooting.com or send me an e-mail at dennisdevault@sbcglobal.net and we will add you to the list that get the letter each month. Again thank you and we will take all the names we can. You can also view past newsletters on our web site at www.devaultind.com
    Thank you and best of shooting to everyone.

Dean & Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.