1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Lakes Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by K80Dude, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

I am thinking about going to the Great Lakes Grand this year since I will be in Lansing for work that week. How is the shoot, club etc? Just looking for opinions if it is worth going to etc.

Dave

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

One of the best clubs and shoots in the country.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

It is a good place to shoot.

MI in May can be iffy. Bring some warm clothes. It could also be 85-90 or it could rain.

There are not a lot of vendors.

Kay is having a class at the Birmingham Gun Club just before the GLG. BGC is about an hour from Mason. I can get you details if you are interested.

Hope you can make it!!

Don Verna

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Great shoot. Great place. Great people. Great pictures Tom. Anybody that shoots a K80 should attend.

Dave I don't think you will be disappointed so come and enjoy yourself. Stop by and say hello, 3rd camper from the west end of the front row.

Don

5. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

What's the date for this shoot?
    -Trappy

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

May 19th through the 25th. This is a "do not miss under any circumstances" shoot in my book. Tons of targets, great target setting, and an example of how to run an efficient shoot like clockwork. You will love it.

The link to the program is above; use it!

Neil

7. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Big Don: With all of those K-80's there is it safe to be there???? they may all blow up!

Very nice grounds to shoot upon-we are very lucky to have such a place so close. Roger

8. k-80owner

k-80owner TS Member

I've been three times. It's a good shoot but take warm clothes. The weather will probably be nice but it can change. Enough with the K-80 crap I can't afford to start changing guns again.

9. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Would anyone have an idea what year the clubhouse was built? My Dad, Uncle, Brother and I where up in area mushrooming one May and stopped in and hunted in the woods north of the trapline. The clubhouse wasn't quite done yet. Thanks Paul

10. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Forgot the most important part. Haven't been to Great Lakes Grand in several years but it was always a well run shoot and very friendly people. Ditto on the weather being unpredictable!! Paul

11. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

PJ999

The first Michigan State Shoot on the MTA grounds in Mason was held in 1968. The shoot program notes that construction was just about complete.

12. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Come and enjoy a great shoot....Leo Harrison will be offering a one day class at Mason on Tuesday,May 19....we always look forward to coming to Mason, the people are great.

13. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

IT's a good opt to pit your skills among All Americans and top shooters from all over the US. and Canada.

14. joehunter

joehunter Member

They usually have some nice vendors there as well. I know Dan from Giacomo Sporting will be there.

15. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Carl Hample always has a large selection of used trap guns from K-80's to model 12's and everything in between.The nice thing is you can try them out at the practice just a short walk from his trailer.

16. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

MTA TOM, Thanks for the info. on the MTA grounds. That would have made me 11 years old and that seems about right. Both Dad and Uncle were long time shooters. Thanks again, Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.