1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Lakes Grand - Target requirements ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by scott calhoun, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

The program for the GLG has two different rules for target requirements.

Page 7 (Rules and Regulations section): Singles and Handicap are listed as 1000 in the current year and previous TWO years. 500 for doubles in the current and previous TWO years. Penalty is A class or higher for singles/doubles, 23 yards for handicap.

Page 8 (Classification and Handicapping section): Singles, Handicap, and Doubles are listed as 1000 in the current and previous year. Penalty is minimum 1 class advancement for singles/doubles, 23 yards for handicap.

These rules obviously conflict with regard to how many targets and over what period. Anyone from the MTA know which one is correct? There's a guy in our group who has enough or is short, depending on which rule is correct.

Scott

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Either way the penalty/handicap looks pretty liberal. Should not be a big deal.

3. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

The previous year, 2009, listed 1000,1000,1000 targets to qualify. This MIGHT be the default for this year also.

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Scott that is a ATA program, therefore I think you should ask the ATA office. It is a very valid question. My answer would be seeing as how they published 2 requirements then the more liberal of the 2 should be used.

You are hereby desiginated the official "finder outer". See you in a week.

Don

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Don, I promise you, the ATA will not either know or express an opinion. When the Grand target requirements were liberalized (by my motion, actually, and passed by a majority of the BOD) there was an explicit understanding that States, Zones, and especially Satellite Grands were free to do whatever they liked without checking with anyone.

Vandalia will not have asked, and so will not know.

Neil

6. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Don - see you on Thursday. I'm kind of with you, seems like you'd have to give the shooter the benefit of the doubt. We've got one guy who will have enough if it's the prior two years, but won't if it's just the prior year. He was thinking about attending a T/O (dare I say Marathon, LOL) shoot next weekend to try to get some targets in, but wasn't sure if he really needed them or not.

Scott

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

If there's a problem, tell them page 8 specifies Classification and handicapping. Go with those.

8. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Scott -

I was reading the same thing you were as I am in the same boat as your friend. I had 1500 handicap targets in 2008 and 500 in 2009 but only 100 so far this year. As I am only a 23.5 yard shooter, am I going to be assessed penalty yardage of 23 yards (my normal yardage anyway) if they don't allow me to use this and the last two for my target requirements? If they do, no harm no foul. I don't see any mention of tacking on a couple extra yards like the MTA does which would bump me to the 25.

Jeff

9. J D

J D TS Member

On page 8 of the GLG program, item 2 rule will be applied.
    Page 7 item 6 is incorrect
    The doubles classification is in accordance with page 8 item 2
    Sorry for the confusion.

JD
    Michigan Trap

10. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

So if you only have 600 targets in this and the past year, you shoot penalty 23?

JK

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yes. Unless targets only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.