1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Lakes Grand Results - Got Any?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BrowningGal, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Anybody have the results thus far at the GL Grand?

2. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Never mind... I found it.

http://www.michigantrap.org/index.php/results/great-lakes-grand/

3. kolar12

kolar12 Member

I only find results from 2007 on this site. Any results from this year?

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

What a blast! If you did not go you missed a great shoot! Bill

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I just met Bill for the 2nd time this week. Congratulations!!! He has a interesting story about how he got back into shooting and maybe he will share it with us someday. Many TS.commers at this shoot from near and far. Some shot well and some shot so-so.

Don

6. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Don Dolbear Event # 14 Champion and Event # 16 Champion. Won the handicap two days in a row with lone 98s. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Bill Malcolm

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Very nice shoot,

And special thanks to the small group of dedicated people that make things run smoothly at MTA.

Shannon

8. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Big Don, it was nice to finally get the opportunity to meet. The MTA/ATA ran a wonderful shoot. Couldn't have asked for better weather Sat & Sunday. Our Wisconsin boys made a nice showing and we look forward in returning next year. Best to you in shooting!

Rick Brohmer

9. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Looks like some guy named Leo had a pretty good week too.

Jim

10. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I hope Don Dolbear wasn't shooting his 1 oz. reloads.They would account for his 2 misses. each day.!!!!!

Mighty fine shooting.

Joe Woods/Ontario

11. gordy h

gordy h Member

What hit in the lewis class on the last 200 16? I had a 196, missed all week by shooting 1 to many targets. Did I luck out ? Thanks Butch H

12. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Well as much as I would like to take the credit for that handicap score it was not me. That score and win in his yardage and one yard punch goes to my son. I am at the 25.5 yard line and shot a 90 that day. His sign on name is Gunnerdog.

Here's my story: I was shooting pretty good in the late 80's and early 90's. In 92 my 16 yard average was 95. In the winter of 92/93 I cut my rt eye while using a handgrinder doing a restoration on a 1965 Chev Suburban panel truck. My average in 93 fell to 89 so I gave it up.

In 2006 my son started bugging me to shoot again as he wanted to shoot ata.
    At my annual visit to my eye doctor I asked if they could fix my eye yet. Well low and behold the answer was finally yes. So off to the surgeon I go. In April of 2007 I had artificial lens transplants in both eyes. Not lasik surgery.

Last year after my surgery I shot 700 birds with my average climbing from around 89 to 94.7. This target year I've shot 1800 registered birds with my average at 95.7 right now. Shot my first ever registered 100 straight at the Great Lakes Grand last weekend. I'm back. So all you little guys band together, all you medium sized guys, find a partner, and all you big guys stand up, cause Im 212 pounds of tiger meat comin' at ya. lol. ~ Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.