1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Lakes Grand Just Wondering

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshooteraa27aa, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Just wondering about a few things. While I shot the glg when it was held in the spring for many years I didnt get to shoot this year, was wondering was the move to July a success? Was the attendance up? Why wasnt the top shooters there? I know the weather was hot but its hot everywhere. I already know the shoot was run well as it always is. Just some questions and/or opinions.
    Chris

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The hot weather was a factor. Some people just can't handle the heat. The week of July 4th is bad for me due to family commitments thru the weekend.

I plan to shoot the State shoot. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

MTA needs a break

3. gordy h

gordy h Member

I was there, for the last time,very hot, not any water on the line, there is a few water spickets but no cups to get a drink. There TV score board SUCKS can't read it if they did post them , Scores posted late in the day, didn't know who was in a shoot off. Then anounceing the food menu while shooting is going on, give me a break. Shot there before but it didn't get any better. Crossing that one off my list. Butch H

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yeah, sorry about the heat, My guy in Hell took charge this year...

no cups? water was plentiful, buy a bottle, refill as necessary...

guess you didn't pay attention to the postings before, during and after about the

issues marrying digital technology with analog equipment, or, the necessity to

bring someone in new to everything to handle the scoring...

Shoot offs always have been a difficulty given new categories, AA points etc.

how late is your day? I was always home well before 0:dark.30...

And when would you like any announcements to be made?

Guess your not going to be part of the solution...

Jim Chapman

5. BigM-Perazzi

Here's some figures I pulled from posted information.

GLG in 2010 had 777 for the HAA.

in 2012, (disregarding the tornado shortened 2011), 766 for HAA, 1934 for HOA.

for comparison purposes.

in 2012. in 2010

EMPIRE GRAND HAA 1123 HOA 2425 HAA 767

SPRING GRAND HAA 2225 HOA 6777 HAA 1733

INDIANA ST HAA 1107 HOA 2851 HAA 1105

NEW YORK ST HAA 992 H0A 2723 HAA 1011

KENTUCKY ST HAA 809 HOA 2006 HAA 1021

ILLINOIS ST HAA 1266 HOA 3430 HAA 1226

6. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet Active Member

Jim you forget to mention the 2 Ohio shoots.

HAA Buckeye Classic 2021

HAA Ohio State Shoot 2840

7. BigM-Perazzi

No, Dave, I didn't.

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

From what I saw it looked like attendance was way down. I would have a had time believing there was any more than 40 full squads? Bill

9. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Hard to base a decision on one year results when you move shoot dates, especially to a holiday week. Many people make their plans well in advance and probably had their schedule set before the date change was announced. Lets see if the numbers grow next year. They had some problems with power in the west campground but to their credit they did everything possible to solve them.

We sometimes hurt a shoot more then we realize when we badmouth them on this site. Why not talk about the positives like the way the computer system was so much better over the earlier shoot this spring, or the fact that the grounds were well maintained and the shoots started on time and were run quite well.

I was there and will be back next year and I drove 600 miles one way to get there.

Mark Zauhar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.