1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Lakes Grand info NEEDED

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by steele, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steele

steele TS Member

Possibly heading to Michigan next week. Where is a good place/places to stay within a reasonable distance to the club? Bringing the better half, so I'd need something respectable in a safe area. Butch from Pgh

2. 3357

3357 Member

Before I began camping, I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Okemos. It is a 20 minute drive across some scenic farm land between Okemos and Mason. Clean and comfortable, with a complimentary breakfast. It worked for me.

3. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

We stayed at the Red Roof on Dunckel Road for a couple shoots at Mason last year. Decent rooms, friendly staff and a straight shot down 127 to the club. No complaints.

4. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Jackson is also a nice area, just south of Mason about 20 miles on Hwy 127. Several name brand hotels there.

5. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

T thought the Red Roof was off of Joslyn road jsut North of Mason,never heard of Dunckel Rd. I'm from Michigan and have attended just about all the shoots at Mason.It is a pretty good place to stay though.

6. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Moe, Perhaps you are thinking of Jolly Road not Joslyn. Joslyn runs from Pontiac up towards Lake Orion.

The Red Roof is off the Jolly Road exit but it ain't really Jolly Road. Apparently, in MI things aren't always as they appear.

[​IMG]

7. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Yep,your right it is Jolly rd.,don't know where I got Joslyn...I hate getting old!!!!

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Joslyn?? Oh, She hangs out on Jolly and Collins!! (snicker)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.