1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Lakes Grand Food

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MTA Tom, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Just a heads up for anyone at the GLG who hasn't seen their ad: Merindorf Meats, a great Michigan meat market, is just across the expressway from the Michigan Trapshooting Association, on Barnes Rd.

Merindorf offers a daily hot lunch special for $3.99. Today's was two chili dogs and potato salad.

The MTA food vender added a ham sandwich to the menu today. For $6.00. Their new handwritten menu board on the outside cook wagon now lists french fries for $2.00, but the owner told me yesterday, "It's too hot for fries".

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the MTA vendor seems to price things on the fly. Tuesday he had no prices, or idea what to charge.

Merindorf's menu is a great idea!!

I've seen Karla H. and others picking up their steaks there too!!

3. JOND

JOND TS Member

If you are looking for county fair food they have it! Closest to a salad is lettuce on your burger!Food is not Cardiologist approved. If you run a tilt-a-whirl you will love the grub. JOND

4. BigM-Perazzi

Elephant Ears???

5. TERRYB

TERRYB Member

Injun fry bread?.........Terry

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

You guys are making me hungry. Maybe I better stay home so I don't blow my diet. Down 22lbs and counting.

Rich in Indiana

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

MTA TOM :

Wished I was there also but got other things more important at the moment to do or should say to pay for so when ever I trap shoot it is just extra money that I can piss in the wind but it might be a little while before I can Piss again!!

Ok in the old days you might could win something at a big shoot of course im not in a winning mood so just as well make my money count toward something that will be nice to have up til the day I turn 10 toe's up!!

Foggy!!

8. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

How about some of the fried Great Lakes fish? Vandalia used to have several vendors with several choices of great fish! I looked forward to just having lunch. Fred

9. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

It's not the same without you, Foggy. Wish you were here.

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Kind of sad. Back in the late 80's and early 90's when I used to go to the Mason shoot, the food was something we all looked forward to.

11. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

JOND!!!!! L.M.A.O. brother! Jim C.... You noticed the price thing too huh?? Did the same thing at the Spring team shoot. Nothing like walking up and having NO CLUE as to what anything costs. Prices are to the moon for Carney food. A $6 ham sandwich? Get real. Didn't realize that warmer weather made fries taste any different. If you make them to order.... what's the difference? No waste. CATER TO YOUR CUSTOMER! A Burger, fries and a cold drink for $4-5 is not out of the question. If he can't figure out how to do it for that, he's in the wrong business.

JK

12. BigM-Perazzi

Speaking of kitchens, who tried to burn down the building????

13. digger1dog

digger1dog Member

Jim,

I was told that on the last day of the spring team shoot someone used one of the flower pots as an ashtray and trash can it smoldered for a while finally catching the plastic pot and table on fire. Luckly there were still a few people there to grab ghram crackers and chocolate for 'smores..

Fred J

14. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

The food vender packed up and left on Monday, just before the State Shoot began on Tuesday.

Merindorf's is filling in for the time being.

15. BigM-Perazzi

AND... Elephant Ears!!!!

16. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Good riddance to the P.O.S.!!! Bailing with zero notice the day before the State Shoot? . Shows what kind of operators they were. I wish Merindorf's the best of luck! They are a class act and their quality is second to none! If they could bring the whole store over to Mason, people wouldn't know where to start. Too many excellent choices!

JK

17. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

umm ... what are 'Elephant Ears' please?

18. BigM-Perazzi

19. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

fried dough ... lo-cal, fat-free and heart-helthy, too ...

oh, yum. may i have a dozen, please?

20. BigM-Perazzi

Oh, Man!! When I saw the BBQ ribs coming out of the kitchen, I had to ask... $4.00! Merindorf's is turning out to be a great food vendor!!!

Serving individual breakfasts at 7-10 am Saturday too!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.