1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Jesse Helms quote (who died today).

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    "Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?" Helms wrote in a 1959 editorial that foretold his political style.<br>
    <br>
    Exactly right. Freedom and rights should never be compromised away one slice at a time. That's why we gun owners have had so many anti-gun laws come to pass.

2. Brian in Oregon

I *AM* upset over the rights bashing the Bush administration (with the help of a compliant congress) has been pushing on us. The Patriot Act in particular is an abomination. I shudder to think what such power would do in the hands of Obama or Hillary.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Brian, it's coming and I know you don't like it. Unfortunately there are way too many unwashed being led about by the nose who will gladly hand the chicken house keys to the fox.

One of the good things about being old is knowing you will miss the REALLY rotten times.

Because you can't get the baloney back. A new cow will have to be slaughtered.

And that won't happen till the baloney is gone.

HM

4. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

The kind of person Mr. Helms was is going the way of the DoDo Bird. Old School is losing out for the New school which I think SUCKS!!!!!!! We are doomed with the New School!!! Load up.....It's coming!!!

5. Brian in Oregon

Helms definitely was not a boy scout.

6. Bitter American

Bitter American TS Member

I wonder if he sat in Obama's church?

7. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Jesse Helms was a man of great controversy. He was staunch anti-communist, pro-tobacco and pro-gun supporter but in smaller circles still referred to blacks as Fred's. You either loved him or hated him. There was little or no middle ground on Jesse Helms. Whats funny is that most African-Americans supported him.

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.