1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Grand Food !!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bbourdage, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbourdage

bbourdage Member

We have been here all week, and today we finally hit 2 places with unique and great tasting food.

You have to try Joanies @ trap 6D. She hand makes the cinnamon rolls and glaze every morning. Unlike the chain store, where the rolls smell better than they taste. She also hand makes the buns.

The Dog/Brat (underdog) vendor right next to her, has a some really unique options for dogs and Brats.

Let me know if someone finds any other great ones.

Barry

2. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Homemade peach ice cream is awesome.

3. XT=dontmiss

XT=dontmiss TS Member

Dont forget the Butcher's Block steak sandwich at the end of the tent vendors

4. Damifino

Damifino Member

Peach Ice Cream - Check!
    Steak Sandwich - Check!
    Buffalo Burger - Check!
    Ribbon Fries/Chips - Check!

Had a great time - home now. Wish I could take another week off.

5. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

This past Sunday, down near the far end of the tent vendor row, I purchased as fine a Smoked Pork CHop sandwhich as I have ever had. Kind of hungry for another now but a 5.5 hrs drive is a little too far to go for lunch. :) Wish I was there all week. John in Iowa

6. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

DON,T Go to the Roadhouse! You will be Sorry!

7. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

The first year the Roadhouse was great. That was the first year. Then it changed hands. I think the new guy thought he could charge the same prices for the same menu items, but buy his supplies from a (much) cheaper vendor, and no one would notice.

I drive buy there now but I wouldn't waste my time or money stopping.

8. Damifino

Damifino Member

We were not impressed with Pistol City. Food was okay, service was poor.

The Cabin was good.

We stayed at the Original Springs Hotel, food there (Boiler Room) was great. Booked next year already. Maybe next year we'll see the ghosts.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

MC----Hey not to change the subject or highjack the thread but have any of your boys shot the Grand this year? My sons scores have continued to go up since the clinic to the point i won't shoot against him anymore.LOL-----Matt

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Try the Root Beer floats made with homemade ice cream. Great way to top off the day or anytime.

Don

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Mr. Charles----That is an impressive resume i must admit especially for a couple of young tikes that have a long way to go so to speak. Keep up the hard work. You are just as much responsible for some of their sucess for all the time and MONEY you have invested. I'm sure it was all worth it to you. I'd say the clinic paid double for you and your kids as well.----Matt

12. Mike

Mike Member

Been to pistol city many times, never a problem. Mik

13. Damifino

Damifino Member

I spoke with (private message) someone who is familiar with managment at Pistol City. I am sure we just caught our waitress on a bad shift. I wouldn't necessarily steer clear of the place on my review. It sounds like everyone else here has been satisfied. I know bad news travels the world before good gets its sneakers tied and I'd hate to have anything to do with contributing to that.

14. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Pistol city is great and nice veiw too.....

15. pdq

pdq Member

I drove out there, but when I couldn't find a breakfast place serving Eggs Benedict with freshly made hollandaise sauce, nor a lunch place serving a decent cold lobster salad, I came home.

Saved me a weeks worth of hotel, entry, and shell fees. Financially, one of the best weeks I've had at the Grand.

Pete
    (who was having a Democratic brain fart moment when he wrote the above, therefore all of it's a lie. Sorry, I'm being redundant when I have the word Democrat and lie in the same sentence).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.