1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

great goose hunt in maryland

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

What a hunt. 1000's and 1000's of geese wave after wave in maryland. We hunted two days and limited out. This is my fourth trip with this outfitter and he is excellent. Ducks are not in yet. January the best time to go for ducks and geese. Did you know if it is a full moon and you shoot a goose he lands upside down belly up? If not a fell moon he lands face down? heavy shot or remington's HD shot is the only way to go. I hate steel shot. Bernelli shotgun Cordova model worked great. For $150.00 a day it is the best fun you will have with 3 friends in a blind.

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

snyder are you talking Snows ??????

3. smsnyder

NO Canada Geese but we did find an outfitter who i hear is excellent on Snows. I saw a few hundred thousand of them. Those guys are hard to get in unless you have a 1000 decoys.

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

$150 a day is a fantastic price ... what part of Maryland?

5. smsnyder

Easton and Cambridge Maryland. you guys got do do this. great blinds and beautiful water. License about $60.00 for three days.

6. smsnyder

he calls them in right in your face from a mile away. Be prepared to shoot alot. Those suckers are tough to nock down.

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Those geese have families. You seem to be very insensitive about this. HMB

8. smsnyder

hmb, we only took male geese and the ones that were under weight and under feed. lol

9. hunter2

hunter2 TS Member

your hunt sounds great, whats the guides name.

10. smsnyder

outfitter is David Price 410-708-7133. Tell him Earl from Pittsburgh sent you. I WILL be hunting again in January. It's a 6 hour drive from Pittsburgh but you big shots can fly into Easton Airport. YOU MUST stop a the sea food places under the bay bridge. GREAT GREAT sea food.

11. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

What's the current daily limit on geese in MD?

12. smsnyder

2 Canada geese 6 ducks. i think 30 snow geese but these guys are tough. i did find an outfitter that rick told me is good on snows but call rick for that guy. Believe me you will have fun.

13. hairy

hairy TS Member

Earl, you wouldn't be bs'n us about that full moon deal would you?

14. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Mike Harris guided for our group when we had a couple farms leased near Chestertown. He's very good but we gave up the leases when the daily limit dropped to one bird ten or so years ago. Wasn't worth the money and the drive to kill one goose.

He and John Riggins can drink some beer!

15. smsnyder

hairy, you caught that. nice job lol

16. finger

finger TS Member

Guys, I live less than 1 mile outside of Easton. Geese are flying now. Canada Goose is big business here. I could sit in my backyard and pass shoot all day if I wanted to, but alas I no longer hunt.

Lots of good seafood restaurants in the area and if you want to drive to Kent Island (45 mintues) I strongly recommend The Narrows. Very good food and a nice place with real tablecloths. There are many crab houses that also serve excellent food and you can walk in with your camo on and not be noticed. Now the really good eating joints I ain't gonna mention on here....you gotta talk to me directly. Don't want to ruin a good thing.

I know it may sound strange but the Snow Geese stay a bit east of here. In five years I have yet to see a Snow near Easton. Drive 20 miles east or north east a bit and they travel in flocks of thousands. The sky can literally be white with geese. Really something to see. Farmers hate snows as they tear up the fields something terrible. Oh ya they taste kinda poor too. Some folks eat them but.......and go one county south and eating Muskrat is the real delicacy. Come on over and hunt. Its good for the economy, and has been so for the past 100 years. bob finger

17. smsnyder

6876EEL, you are probably right. man would i like to get into those snow geese. 30 a day limit but you MUST have an outfitter who knows how to do it. i say thousands and thousands of snows flying over.

18. smsnyder

bob finger, it's just as you said GREAT hunting and GREAT sea food. The best month is just comming in.

19. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Just to clarify, there is NO airline service into Easton.

You can waste your time flying into Salisbury (SBY) via Philly on US Scareways (Piedmont) or go more direct and go to BWI and drive to Easton in less than 40 minutes.

20. smsnyder

private jets are possible?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

goose hunt maryland