1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great eastern gun club !

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sammyd95, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

Just bringing up some old memories,and wondered who all shot there in the early 80's,back when I was the kid puting targets on the trap,then at the end of the day I would sign up on the last squad through and shoot after setting targets all day !

2. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Shot there from 94 through closing somewhere in 2003! Was my favorite place, professionally run by Aden and family! Always had good crowds when I was going! Not unusual to see 35-40 squads on Sunday when special events etc! I still miss that place but at least I get to see Aden who is very active at Cardinal Center thank God! It is now my favorite place! He also over time has mentored and helped me with my shooting when I whine to him! Tom Rhoads

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Aden has always put on good shoots! I shot Great Eastern the first time in the 70s and last time just prior to closing. Tom, I do understand why you like the Cardinal a lot too, it's a great place to shoot! Hap

4. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

Loved shooting their in the 70's when opened till I moved in 1982. The first year they were open, I was shooting in the rain and shot one of the traphouses during an ATA shoot,Max Krabel was waiting for me when I walked off the line with a can of paint and a brush and said, you shot it, you paint it. Everyone was always very friendly and the food was great. After shoot 16's we used to hitch a ride from the Amish buggies into town with all my freinds.

Gary

5. Janet

Janet TS Member

Shot there in about 1984 - had my first shotgun; a model 12. Those were the days, a lot of fun.

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Is'nt MIA's gun from the Great Eastern Skeet shoot that they used to host at Lordship. Remington/DuPont had to close it many years ago. I think this thread started about a different club. Bob

7. shaner

shaner Member

oh that was a nice place to shoot, enjoyed it everytime i went, the zone shoots were run real nice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

great eastern gun club