1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great day at The Old Dominion Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gdbabin, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

May 15, 2006
    Like you Mike, Aline, Gaby the wonder dog, and I had a great time also.

Winchester is one of our favorite places to shoot. Deep blue Virginia sky, great targets and well run.

We were thanked several times by VTA officials for attending--they genuinely seemed to appreciate our participation.

While our Maryland Carpet Baggers Team (aka cast of characters) didn't win any money, a couple of us did win a few trophies.

Thanks to everyone involved!

Guy Babin
  2. chipking

chipking TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Ditto on the above comments. I don't believe you could have ordered a more perfect pair of days to shoot. The targets looked like big orange frisbees against the sky, and even as you moved down the line the tree line in the distance was low enough that it caused no problems. Even the famous or infamous WINDchester breezes were mild to non-existent. A lot of folks put in a lot of hard work to make this shoot work well and they succeeded. Great food in the Cafe including the free lunch on Saturday, very consistent and correct score keeping and great targets. Even down to the little things like keeping the water jugs topped off with cold water. On Sunday afternoon Gaby the wonder dog had a little friend tagging along behind and we were taking bets on who would run out of energy first. All in all a great shooting weekend. THANKS to all who made it work and to ALL who participated in the Grand Old Dominion

--- Chip King ---
  3. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Saturday was a wonderful day at Winchester GC.Perfect targets,and very well run shoot.................can't say I've been to a better shoot that I can think of.As for the people who run the club(Gary Funkhauser in particular) ......they speak for themselves....all of them are first-rate,and do a bang up job.It was really nice to see all my friends(The Poores,The Babins,and Gaby,and many others).I just wanted say thanks to all involved for a job well done.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.