1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Blaser Customer Service Experience

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by njwoodworker, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njwoodworker

njwoodworker Member

I own and shoot an older F3 Blaser.
    Occasionally another shooter will notice the gun and tell me about all the problems the early versions had.
    Mine is one of the earliest imported by Blaser.
    I am always polite when I answer that I have not had ANY issues with the gun with one exception.
    I did not like the color of the front "not" hi vis tube. It was not suitable for a replacement according to a knowledgeable gunsmith.

These same few folks would also opine that their customer service had not yet developed the reputation of the "other" quality makers. Ok, I dont have a dog in the hunt.

I called Blaser and spoke to a man named Rich who was throughly familiar with the gun and confirmed the one I owned was indeed an original. He told me to send it in and they would take care of the front bead and check out the rest of the gun.

Remember, I had not had problems or broken parts. the following is a list of their sevice sheet.

Receiver disassembled and cleaned.
    2 firing pins exchanged
    2 ejector plungers exchanged
    1 face plate exchanged
    2 front sears and strikers exchanged
    Checked for safety sear clearance (ok)
    Trigger group parts lubricated
    1 forearm iron exchanged
    1 forearm tensioner spring exchanged
    1 top barrel HiViz RIB installed
    1 HiViz package included
    2 ejectors disassembled and cleaned
    Ejector assembly parts exchanged
    Ehector timing set

Tested for proper function

They received the gun on 7/19 and shipped it back on 7/23, I received it on 7/27

And the price including return shipping was ...

NOTHING.

So for the few who have asked on ts.com What kind of a company Blaser is,

This man's opinion is great.

Dan Gill
    cell # 908-448-6820

2. TP Express

TP Express TS Member

Dan, I have only talked with the people at Blaser twice. My experience has been every bit as good as any I've had with the others ( I've had Ljutic, Perazzi, Kreighoff, Kolar, and Silver Seitz- they have all given me excellent service over the years). The last time was to order a forearm iron as I am having a cuastom stock built. Their reply was, " In the interest of customer satisfaction, there will be no charge". And I had the parts 3 days later. They may not yet have a long track record, but the one they have is excellent.

ps; I am also very happy and impressed with my new F3 combo.

3. teddy34

teddy34 TS Member

This service is truly amazing, I may start trying some Blazers.
    Thanks for the thorough report. Regards, Gary Owen

4. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

Rich and Norbert are two of the most professional gunsmiths one will ever find. When Norbert worked for Krieghoff, he was the only one that I would let touch my K-32 and K-80. They are the reason that Blaser will be successful.

Bob Gibson
    Charlotte,NC

5. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

Similar experiences with Blaser San Antonio.They completely updated a very early one at no charge and changed a new Luxus from right hand to left hand,again at no charge.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I had an POI issue with my new F3 trap combo, and talked to John about it. I sent the combo back to him and told him what POI I wanted at given yardages. 2 weeks later, it was back and the POI's were perfect.

The only thing I don't like is the comb adjustment.

A friend of mine bought a used F3 sport that was 3-4 years old. The barrels did not shoot the same POI. Blaser had him send it in and they are correcting the POI at no cost to him

7. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Outstanding service.

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Expect nothing less but the best from two fine gunsmiths-Rich and Norbert!!

9. Skutch

Skutch TS Member

I couldn't agree more with the comments above. My experience mirrored the outstanding service experienced by everyone above.

Skutch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.