1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grease board

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BAP, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAP

BAP TS Member

I would like different suggestions on using a grease board for patterning. I currently have a steel grease board and am using blue grease. The grease is alfull thick and hard to roll on. Should I thin it with diesel fuel or add white pigment to it to get better results? Bill Parson Jr.

2. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Never used a grease board...seems a bit unfriendly to the environment around it. Have had good luck with cheap flat white latex spray paint.

Mike

3. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

I have used News Paper. One double side all marked out with the circle. The thing is you have to look closely to see if any of the holes got into the print and might be hiding on ya. Rich (inOeoria,Az.)

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I have a grease board and it beats the heck out of anything paper. You should be able to find White or light grey lithium at a Tractor supply or NAPA store. Just ask them. If they can't help you, get the cheap white paint in a spray can, it works great too.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Bill,
    White Lithium usually works best on the grease sheet, if it thins out from setting in the sun all the better ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. wizard!

wizard! TS Member

GREASE BOARD SPECS
    BOARD IS 36” X 36” 1/8” THICK WEIGHT 99 LBS

GREASE COATING FORMULA
    5 TUBS WHITE LITHUM GREASE
    APPROX ½ QUART SYNTHETIC OIL
    ½ + QUART OF WHITE PAINT PIGMENT(available at lowes paint)

stir all of this up in container smear on board with rubber gloves and roll out with paint roller
    any questions email me with out the xxxxx's

7. wizard!

wizard! TS Member

GREASE BOARD SPECS
    BOARD IS 36” X 36” 1/8” THICK WEIGHT 99 LBS

GREASE COATING FORMULA
    5 TUBS WHITE LITHUM GREASE
    APPROX ½ QUART SYNTHETIC OIL
    ½ + QUART OF WHITE PAINT PIGMENT(available at lowes paint)

stir all of this up in container smear on board with rubber gloves and roll out with paint roller
    any questions email me with out the xxxxx's

8. BAP

BAP TS Member

Thanks for the idea's. I have a 30 gallion of blue grease so I'm kind of stuck with that. I will add more pigment and the synthetic motor oil and try that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.