1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

gravity boots. any of you guys still use them?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by quartering, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quartering

quartering Active Member

my back has been killing me for about the last two weeks and all i can think about is how i wish i still had my gravity boots so i could hang upside down for a few minutes and straighten my back out. any of you guys still use yours? thanks

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I opted for the "Erector Set". :8^)
    [​IMG]

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I use an inverter table and it does work- same as boots only easier

You feel the weight come off your spine and often hear the pressure release in the form of cracks

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. quartering

quartering Active Member

did you get that done at home depot?

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I purchased mine at an exercise equipment store- mine is durable and strong- compare before you purchase

Gene

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Inverter table for me to from The Better Back Store.

Be careful there are some cheap imitations. They run over $400.00. Might find a used one for less.

7. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

My passed away brother used to get real bad migraine head aches so he used them.
    This guy would hang vertical off a round bar threaded through the roofing bar joists and do 100 situps. Then he'd do 30 chin ups with a 5 gal bucket of water strapped to his feet. He died at 46 from pain pills like Oxycontin,demeral
    (spelling), percoset(spelling), Valium and others I can't remember. I thought that those boots would kill him.

Harry

8. Murphy

Murphy Member

I found a new one on internet approx. $175. I was concerned because of the price but it works great, might have only been $125. but I know it was under $200.

9. grntitan

quartering---those are some expensive screws. Roughly $100K by my last figures. That Titanium must be some expensive stuff. I couldn't find any at Home Depot or Lowes. Maybe they are American Made for a change.

All kid'n aside, the Neurosurgeon that did my surgery actually likes those devices you are talking about under moderate use. That is of course for people without the parts kit like mine.

10. cnsane

cnsane Member

Careful when you hang like a bat. Damned inversion table blew out the backs of my brothers eyeballs. Now he gets the blown out blood vessels laser cauterized so that he goes blind slowly instead of all at once.

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

If we were meant to hang upside down we would have bone hooks on our heels.-------Then of course, long tails would also do the job.

12. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well past $200,000.00 and still counting. Neck in 2009..Lumbar in 2011.

Vern

13. grntitan

^^My Twin^^

14. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

sorry guys my back hurts, but it don't hurt that bad. I'll do without the hardware as best I can. I use an inverter a couple times a week, and a massaging chair to loosen sore muscles.

15. grntitan

YES YES YES, make surgery your last ditch effort. My doc tells people the usual breaking point is when the pain and lack of mobility starts interferring with your normal daily activities such as dressing, walking, eating etc. etc. I was well past that point when i opted for suregry. This pic below is some of the hardware they removed from my back on my second surgery. They replaced it with the stuff i have now as these were pulling i and out of the screw holes when i would move(quite painful). It was at that point i was given a bone scan and diagnosed with severe Osteoprosis. After meds to counteract the Osteoprosis, my back is finally fusing.

The quarter is for size comparison

[​IMG]

16. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

For those not familiar with the inversion table, what is, is a table with an extendable foot rest that holds you by your ankles and you mount it standing, then lean back slowly with one or both arms extended above your head. You will rock back, until you are upside-down. To get upright, you lower one or both arms at your side, until you are upright again.

What you want to achieve is a rocking motion where you rock backwards upside down, then upright, in a slow steady pace. Every time you invert, it stretches your spine. It takes about 10 minutes a session and the number of sessions depends on your individual problem.

I have not had to go to a chiropractor since I got my table and now I seldom have to use it at all. I injured my back some 30 years ago and the inversion table has paid for itself 10 times over and then some. Once in a while, I overdo, I drag the table out of the basement, set it up, in 2 minutes, spend 10 on it, and I am good to go again.

ADVICE: Check with your doctor, before you use one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.