1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grandson gun form

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stu mackay, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stu mackay

stu mackay TS Member

My ten year old grandson recently completed hunter safety course. It was discovered that he is right handed and left eye dominant. his dad is looking for ways to correct this problem. thanks stu

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

There is nothing to "correct" let him shoot left handed. I was the same way. On the good side, I can shoot handguns with either hand. John

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

I too am right handed, left eye dominant, shoot handguns right handed, long guns left handed. Most of us with this condition have found that in order to shoot with both eyes open it is the best "only" way. He is young enough to teach properly before bad habits develop.
    Robert

4. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I am the same, only I'm messed up in everything, I bowl right handed, golf right handed, throw a ball right handed, shoot a pistol right handed, write left handed, and shoot rifles and shotguns left handed. But I am in fact left eye dominate. I guess I can write with my right hand too, just isn't nearly as neat and clean as my left hand writing is. And your right RobertT, I've found that keeping both eyes open is what works best for me in trapshooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.