Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand vs Cardinal Classic Statistics

4K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  dverna 
#1 ·
Here are some statistics derived from RJ’s website:

Grand 1,000 (HOA) target events: No. of entries 2010 = 16,268; 2011 = 19,092; Increase = 17.4%

Card Classic 1,000 (HOA) target events: No. of entries 2010 = 7,388; 2011 = 8,682; Increase = 17.5%

Grand 400 (HAA) target events: No. of entries 2010 = 5,368; 2011 = 6,376; Increase = 18.8%

Card Classic 400 (HAA) target events: No. of entries 2010 = 2,166; 2011 = 2,385; Increase = 10.1%

Grand attendance: No. of individual shooters 2010 = 3,467; 2011 = 3,483; Increase = 0.5%

Card Classic attendance: No. of entries 2010 = 1,298; 2011 = 1,394; Increase = 7.4%

Now the disgraceful part:

Grand 2011 – No. of shooters from Illinois = 644; No. of shooters from Ohio = 164

Card Classic 2011 – No. of shooters from Illinois = 4; No. of shooters from Ohio = 672

Shooters from these two neighboring states need to grow up!!

See less See more
#2 ·
First, You cannot compare the "Grand" to the Classic. Many who saved $ to go to the Grand won't attend the Classic. And the Classic didn't have the added money to entice additional shooters. It is on the way home for many Eastern shooters that have the funds available to shoot it.

Ohio was rated 5th in Grand attendance by State. Not bad.

The lack of Illinois shooters doesn't surprise me. They just shot the Grand, and many have to go back to work, or don't have the funds or time.

Everyone has different priorities and some want to get the best bang for the buck. Travel expenses are part of that.

#3 ·
"Shooters from these two neighboring states need to grow up!!"

Since when does IL and OH border each other?

The people who need to grow up are the ones who keep insisting on comparing the two facilities and shoots. Do you fit that bill???

They are both Great facilities and shoots and are both necessary for this sports survival. Setterman hit the nail on the head when it comes to attendance numbers from the various States. What positive thing are you doing for the sport by consistently licking the dead horse??

#4 ·
They are “neighbors” compared to those of us who have to travel a 1,000 plus miles. The excuses put forward here are BS. It is a fact that there is a gripe between Ohio and Illinois shooters with each boycotting the other to the detriment of the sport. At the Grand I heard the usual bitching from both sides. Grow up!!

#7 ·
Sorry fellows, I would love to attend both shoots but can not afford it.The main thing I get from this post is the attendence was up. This is a good thing.
Just forget were the shooting is taking place and lets get on enjoying out great sport while we can.

Ted

#8 ·
It's not so much a feud between factions as the travel and time constraints. Figure 6-8 hours travel time from Sparta or Marengo. You'll find the lions share of attendance of the respective events.

Vandalia was replaced by TWO world class facilities.

We are fortunate indeed. GAP

#10 ·
There are many shooters who plan on shooting certain shoots as they have for years and they do not give a second thought to where the shoots are located ... I know a lot of the local shooters who have never been to the Grand and have no desire to ever attend, same goes for the Cardinal Classic, or maybe even Ben Avery CTC ... Then again there are some who say "maybe someday" and that day never comes for one reason or another ... I do not think as many people are carrying a grudge about one shoot or the other though many people would like to think they are because it gives everyone something to talk about or question another shooters motive for not attending one or the other ... Personally, I would go to any shoot I feel like attending if I had the desire and have little doubt most shooters feel that way ... That being the case its not as interesting to talk about as comparing one to the other ... Pippa, Call me ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

#14 ·
I think any ATA member from any where in the world can shoot in Ohio also if they so choose so that would also have to be considered a World event ... Actually any ATA shoot anyplace would be open to ATA members from anywhere in the World so they are all technically World Events ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

#17 ·
Facts

**The grand is down 50% from its peak.

**Without donations it probably would be down further.

**Fortunately the grand has a big donor to keep it going.

**The CC is obviously successful without having to pay shooters to attend. Quit blaming the economy.

**The CC is invigorating trapshooting in the heart of trapshooting land and this threatens some.

**Some people like grn will never leave IL to shoot.

**Some people like Bob dont have a pot in the fire and do not shoot ATA.

**And then there are those that are happy CC is there.

**And of course without the thread what would a troll that does not participate have to bitch about.

It was a long drive for me but thanks for a great week.

#21 ·
We don't play period. Serious as cancer. They built it let them fill it. Why blame Ohio for IL short comings?

You might get by with peeing on your leg and say it's raining but we know the how, why, and who is doing the peeing.

Ohio sends about as many shooters to the Grand now as IL did to the Vandalia Grand's. What is the beef??

Maybe the number of IL shooters at the Sparta grand should be the same or higher as Ohio shooters at the Vandalia Grands?

Rock

Jim

#22 ·
Well Rock you better check your pant leg. Just how many years did Vandalia have to build that base?? Just how many over those years got into shooting because of Vandalia???

Your continuation of the BS is just amazing. Soap and water will take out smell and stain.

I'm with Setterman enough is enough.

Don

#23 ·
I have attended the Grand for the last four years, I would love to go shoot the cardinal but no way I could shoot all week of the grand and then load up and shoot the cardinal, need to work, why is this shoot so close to the grand, grand has had there shoot on this date for years, would this be to much to ask if the cardinal moved the shoot a couple of weeks, I would love to go and I think the cardinal's attendence would be up even more as my other friends say the same thing, or is it better for the other people who can shoot week to week to load up from grand and go straight to the cardinal? Stan from Nebraska

#24 ·
It was obvious that a lot of shooters came from the Grand. I pulled in Tuesday night, and was amazed how my campers were there already. Tuesday and Wednesday night campers pulled in all night.

Hit one of the other shoots. The Buckeye or the State shoot. There is also talk about adding a shoot. I don't know if that is a good idea. Sometimes you can oversell a good thing and wear out the excitement or cause management issues.

#26 ·
Damn struck a NERVE first try.

Base? Sparta has no base, and never will, there are just not that many shooters 20 min. or less from Sparta. Dayton and areas around it had base.

Checked my leg it's wet but I know where it came from IL is still guessing.

Have a nice day.

Wet Rock

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.