1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand vs Cardinal Classic Statistics

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Simone, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simone

Simone TS Member

Here are some statistics derived from RJ’s website:

Grand 1,000 (HOA) target events: No. of entries 2010 = 16,268; 2011 = 19,092; Increase = 17.4%

Card Classic 1,000 (HOA) target events: No. of entries 2010 = 7,388; 2011 = 8,682; Increase = 17.5%

Grand 400 (HAA) target events: No. of entries 2010 = 5,368; 2011 = 6,376; Increase = 18.8%

Card Classic 400 (HAA) target events: No. of entries 2010 = 2,166; 2011 = 2,385; Increase = 10.1%

Grand attendance: No. of individual shooters 2010 = 3,467; 2011 = 3,483; Increase = 0.5%

Card Classic attendance: No. of entries 2010 = 1,298; 2011 = 1,394; Increase = 7.4%

Now the disgraceful part:

Grand 2011 – No. of shooters from Illinois = 644; No. of shooters from Ohio = 164

Card Classic 2011 – No. of shooters from Illinois = 4; No. of shooters from Ohio = 672

Shooters from these two neighboring states need to grow up!!

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

First, You cannot compare the "Grand" to the Classic. Many who saved $ to go to the Grand won't attend the Classic. And the Classic didn't have the added money to entice additional shooters. It is on the way home for many Eastern shooters that have the funds available to shoot it.

Ohio was rated 5th in Grand attendance by State. Not bad.

The lack of Illinois shooters doesn't surprise me. They just shot the Grand, and many have to go back to work, or don't have the funds or time.

Everyone has different priorities and some want to get the best bang for the buck. Travel expenses are part of that.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"Shooters from these two neighboring states need to grow up!!"

Since when does IL and OH border each other?

The people who need to grow up are the ones who keep insisting on comparing the two facilities and shoots. Do you fit that bill???

They are both Great facilities and shoots and are both necessary for this sports survival. Setterman hit the nail on the head when it comes to attendance numbers from the various States. What positive thing are you doing for the sport by consistently licking the dead horse??

4. Simone

Simone TS Member

They are “neighbors” compared to those of us who have to travel a 1,000 plus miles. The excuses put forward here are BS. It is a fact that there is a gripe between Ohio and Illinois shooters with each boycotting the other to the detriment of the sport. At the Grand I heard the usual bitching from both sides. Grow up!!

5. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

HA! You think that's something! Just wait until THE Fighting Illini and Northwestern put the wood to the Buckeyes this fall.

........Duck, there's gonna be incoming,,,grin

OK, OK....I'm headed for the corner.....mike

6. Setterman

So Simone, how'd you shoot at the Classic? If you didn't go, why?

7. WTW

WTW Member

Sorry fellows, I would love to attend both shoots but can not afford it.The main thing I get from this post is the attendence was up. This is a good thing.
    Just forget were the shooting is taking place and lets get on enjoying out great sport while we can.

Ted

8. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

It's not so much a feud between factions as the travel and time constraints. Figure 6-8 hours travel time from Sparta or Marengo. You'll find the lions share of attendance of the respective events.

Vandalia was replaced by TWO world class facilities.

We are fortunate indeed. GAP

9. Buckeye

Buckeye Member

........"Vandalia was replaced by TWO world class facilities."........

I agree.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There are many shooters who plan on shooting certain shoots as they have for years and they do not give a second thought to where the shoots are located ... I know a lot of the local shooters who have never been to the Grand and have no desire to ever attend, same goes for the Cardinal Classic, or maybe even Ben Avery CTC ... Then again there are some who say "maybe someday" and that day never comes for one reason or another ... I do not think as many people are carrying a grudge about one shoot or the other though many people would like to think they are because it gives everyone something to talk about or question another shooters motive for not attending one or the other ... Personally, I would go to any shoot I feel like attending if I had the desire and have little doubt most shooters feel that way ... That being the case its not as interesting to talk about as comparing one to the other ... Pippa, Call me ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Borderbandit lets give the new coach 3 years to get his team and his picks the chance he deserves.

I like his attitude and his ethics to the players.

He has the potential.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"Vandalia was replaced by TWO world class facilities."

Best statement i have ever read here in regards to the two new facilities!!!!!

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The Grand is a world event. The other is for Ohio....

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I think any ATA member from any where in the world can shoot in Ohio also if they so choose so that would also have to be considered a World event ... Actually any ATA shoot anyplace would be open to ATA members from anywhere in the World so they are all technically World Events ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

This is why the Cardinal Classic didn't have more shooters. The weather was horrible.
    [​IMG]

As opposed to the wonderful weather in Sparta.
    [​IMG]
    Just stirring the pot.

16. Setterman

I'm getting kind of tired of everyone picking on Ohio and Illinois.

Lets blame the Pennsylvania and Missouri shooters for a while!

17. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Facts

**The grand is down 50% from its peak.

**Without donations it probably would be down further.

**Fortunately the grand has a big donor to keep it going.

**The CC is obviously successful without having to pay shooters to attend. Quit blaming the economy.

**The CC is invigorating trapshooting in the heart of trapshooting land and this threatens some.

**Some people like grn will never leave IL to shoot.

**Some people like Bob dont have a pot in the fire and do not shoot ATA.

**And then there are those that are happy CC is there.

**And of course without the thread what would a troll that does not participate have to bitch about.

It was a long drive for me but thanks for a great week.

18. zimmie

zimmie Active Member

Setterman maybe if u drew a picture they would understand LOL it is time for a cold one. Zimmie

19. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

And us Cheeseheads just want a place to shoot!

SW

20. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Dumb A$$ Post! JMHO and not so humble. You guys from Ohio need a lesson in how to play with others.

Somone, where are you from? Ohio? or just stirring thye pot? Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.