1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Video - 6 August 2011

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by V10, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

This is a video we shot while driving from Bank 27 to Bank 5 during the Krieghoff 100 Handicap on 6 August 2011.

It's just what you would see looking out the car window, nothing more, nothing less. But it should give those who have never been to "Sparta" a sense of what the place is like. We were driving at about 10 - 12 mph and the trip took a little more than 10 minutes.

Enjoy

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hCMOwpncIZ8?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. brumfield_joe

brumfield_joe TS Member

Nice video! look at all that parking near the trap line, haven't been but definetely want to go next year

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

At least they left enough room to extend the Handicap event walkways back a much needed few more yards!!

4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I have never been to Sparta, but watching some of your video I would someday like to see a fence about 20 yds behind the people shooting with a long sidewalk spanding the shooting line. This would allow people to watch their favorite shooters in action. I would also like to see a lot of trees behind the long sidewalk.

Steve Balistreri

5. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

There is already a long sidewalk spanning the line.

Don't see the need for a fence.

Trees have difficulty growing in the strip mine overburden that was used as fill, although the trees that are in now appear to be doing ok.

6. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

And Steve why would it prohibit you from watching your fav shooter now??? Lots of grass bring a lawn chair a EZ UP and watch all you want, what is the logic in a fence???? And there is a long side walk its about 50 yards wide called a parking lot you can walk up and down the way, you can drive from trap to trap, you can walk if you like, you can golf cart or LSV if you like, I dont see whats been left out. Trees take time ans they did not cut down a forest to build it so that going to take years for the trees to grow for shade.

7. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Pretty cool, Thanks for doing this! Spotted our group at bank 10.

With the new shade structures through bank 11 (and hopfully to 27 by next year?) and the price of the EZ UP tents as low as $50, this year was great. And there is actually grass there now, boy do I remember our first trip in 2006.

It just keeps getting better.

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

9. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Thanks for putting the video up. I've been a couple of times but didn't get to go this year, next year for sure I'll be there. If you haven't been there even with pictures and video you just can't get the scale of the place and how well laid out it is. I love the fact that you can drive right to your trap, park on pavement, sit in your car if you want or set up chairs, lot's of options.

We have a world class shooting facility, let's stay positive about it!!!! People like to go to great facilities and be around positive attitudes, with all the young people and their programs the future looks bright for trap shooting. We had a 13 year old win a $100,000 by winning a shoot off!!! What other sport or venue can say that? Talking to friends who got to attend this year it was a very well run shoot with few if any problems. Good job ATA and all the people involved running the shoot and the facility!! And last but not least a big thank you to the Martin family for there generous donations.

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

kinda noisy

11. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Turn the sound down.

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If the lack of trees bothers you, just pretend it's the west half (2/3s?) of Vandalia.

13. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

And that was just the east end!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.