1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Vendors This Year

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ruck, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

With all the talk about who is and isn't going , I just want to let everyone know who I can say will be there......SPEEDBUMP STOCKWORKS, KOOLIN' KLOTHS, NATURE'S TRADING, WRIGHT'S and THE SHOTGUN CACHE. There has been some speculation about the number of portable vendors being less this year, but the ones above are definitely coming!!!

Ken Rucker

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

TTT

3. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

Elmer was at the state shoot this year but I don't know if he will be at the grand.

Dave

4. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Elmer said he could not afford to pay the state taxes they wanted when he sold or traded a gun. They wanted to tax him on sticker price no matter what the gun actually sold for or was traded in on. I don't think you will see him there unless Illinois changes the way they treat all vendors. I was there last year on Grand day and there were fewer vendors by far than I have ever seen at any of the previous Grands. I think there will be even less this year.

5. dennis b

dennis b Member

He was at the Illinois State Shoot this year and would not the state taxes be the same at the Illinois State Shoot as they would be at the Grand? DennisB

6. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Dennis

I don't know if there has been any changes since last year about Illinois gun and tax laws. There was more to it than just the taxes. The Grand may follow different criteria than other shoots and is most likely higher for vendors to participate. All I know is what he told me a few months ago about the Grand.

7. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

All good circuses have a side show to keep their patrons amused. The ATA should make it very attractive for the vendors to display their goods.

8. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I have been a resident of several states and have bought guns in all of them. Jaqua's would apologize about taxes as some states collect on the difference while others collect on the sales price of the unit sold. Elmer doesn't pay the tax, the buyer does. I have heard the usual poo-poo, but check what Michigan has done for the vendors to try and get their attendance. No vendor fee. Mich. tax people used to come to all the vendors and collect what they thought would be sold and if you could prove less you had to fight for a refund.

9. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

Wondering if the big boys are coming? Kolar,Perazzi,Beretta,Krieghoff,Browning? Many thanks

10. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

The only two I talked with about their return was Krieghoff and Seitz. Maybe they have changed their mind since last year, but both said they would not be back. I hope they do return for the betterment of the sport, but it don't look good for the Grand.

11. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

I went to Ohio the last two years. Since my readings here, I take it that vendors are few & far between in number. I also wonder on Companys like Hodgen & Alliant will be there.

12. Phillip's Gunsmithing

Phillip's Gunsmithing Member

I will be at the grand this year and I know Elmer Fairchild will be there.I am in spot #23 and Elmer will be in spot#24.

The reason Elmer had a hard time at the first Grand was because he did not get his FFL for the shoot,it wasnt because of the taxes.

I have not talked to any vendor that said they will not be back at the shoot.

We are just going to have to get use to the idea that when they moved from Ohio that was the end of the Grand American that we all knew. It isnt going to go back to Ohio so we need to make the best of what we have now.

Phillip Crenwelge

13. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

We will be there. Right behind bank #5. Been comin for 26 years. Aint gonna stop now. See yall. Todd

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Again those who think they know prove that they don't know.

Don

15. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

How about Merlyn? Haven't seen his name mentioned. Someone has to supply the peanuts.........lol

Plus, SGS from what I've heard.

Hauxfan!

16. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Up!!!!

17. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Krieghoff is a sponsor of a event at the Grand and is giving away a K80. It is strange to say they are not coming .They are. Seitz has a building and I know of no plans for them not to attend.

I would be very careful telling folks that vendors are not coming on this site. These folks will not appreciate losing clients at the Grand because someone that don't know their facts say they are not coming on a public forum.

Terry Dean
    Ky. Delegate

18. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Dean

Be careful about what! What are you...the public forum police? I wrote the truth and if you don't like...big deal!!!

I answered a question the originator of this thread started with personal contact with some of the vendors last year. I talked to both of them personally last year on Grand day about their return. Both told me point blank they had no plans to return next year. This is not to say they have changed their mind since then. I hope all vendors come to the Grand and it is very successful...it will only help to improve attendance now and in the future.

I also talked to Elmer a few months ago and he said he would never go back to the Grand but now I here he has a vendor spot rented. Great news!!! He changed his mind. I know many people don't like him, but he stands behind everything he sells and does not twist your arm to trade with him. He is an asset to any shoot he attends just as well as all the other vendors are.

Mark Rounds

19. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Ah, the scales of fact outweigh the rumor side again here on BS dot com.

Haux, I wonder if Merlyn has irritated anyone there yet? They might stick him out in the back 40 if so, as another club did? :) Hap

20. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Dean

That is real smart posting threats on this or any other forum, and by the way it is not the first time. It does not do much to enhance your intelligence and even less to your credibility as an ATA delegate. Just because my opinion is different than yours should not be a cause for your bullish and meaningless threats. If you don't like what I wrote...don't read it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.