1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

grand update

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i hope i don't have an empty squad. i'll re squad.

2. webman

webman TS Member

STUART'S Web site has only 159 squads of handicap. I dont know where you got the 400 from????

3. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

The last squad for singles was 455 and for Caps it was 159. It is blistering hot out here; 102 on my truck thermometer. There were 4 squads in front us for caps; 3 2-person squads; 1 3-person squad. Our squad was full. I think a number of folks may have skipped the caps due to the heat.

All the help is great! Most are new, all are polite and want to do a good job; give them a break, they're out there all day in the heat. I give them a lot of credit for not walking off. Be polite in return and tell them you appreciate the job they are doing. They all deserve our respect and appreciation.

4. smsnyder

im sure things will get better as the days go by. still a new shoot with new people.

5. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

159 squads of handicap

Adios, Dirk

6. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

Bring plenty of water. 100 degrees here.

Adios, Dirk

7. smsnyder

any beautiful girls there than can fan me while shooting? Forget the grapes. LOL

8. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Agree with Devil'sAdv.
    Antique,
    If you can do better get your butt on the line and score all day in 100 degree temp. You offer no service to anyone with your "information". The first day at Sparta has been like many at Vandalia...hot, new scorers, excited shooters, and a cronic griper (Antique). I saw no problems but I am sure there were some somewhere...always are. Maybe you could run score sheets in to be processed, help with squading, or keep the water jugs full. The garbage needs to be picked up too. You are dishing out garbage maybe you should pick it up. First days are always slower and 100 degree heat adds to the situation.

Guess the heat has me a little touchie but what is there to gripe about? Around 2000 shooters in 100 degree temps...not a bad day after all.

I am at the Grand with a truck full of shells, air conditioned stores to visit, air conditioned restaurant, water, camper, friends, clay pigons flying everywhere...sounds like heaven with enough heat to remind us what happens if we do not repent. Bring on more birds!!!!
    CA

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

If the clay pigeons are flying everywhere ya better be careful or ya might get some clay pigeon poop on your head.

10. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Antique,
    Your opening comment made it everyone's business that is trying to have a great event. YOU made the statement and it is just to bad if I do not agree. Anyone with any experience shooting at large events has seen slow starts. However, squads taking an extra 2-3 minutes between rounds to wipe off the sweat and take a drink can slow things down over the day. I guess you buddies would prefer to have shooters with heat stroke? Your comment "pretty bad" is so far off the mark. Fast moving lines in registration, everything in place, good birds, plenty of parking, good food, lots of water, and good execution of the plan does not come close to what you stated. Give me your two buddies names and I will look for them and see what the problems were. Then we can meet with a delegate and move forward. Until then any comments clearly placed in an attempt to put down the event should be challenged.

By the way, the birds are great and the company is fantastic. Come on out and see for yourself.
    CA

11. rumplestilskin

rumplestilskin TS Member

96 in D class doubles !!!!

12. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Im in Baldwin staying at the K River Motel and it's a pretty nice place to pack it in for the evening at 50 bucks for the room. I'm glad I called him when he put in a thread this morning. Beats the heck out of 139 at the BestWestern. Hope I can find a room for the rest of the week about as cheap. I doubt it though. I got lucky and didn't have to work the rest of the week so I took off for the grand this morning. Hope to see a lot of the guys I've met this past couple of years. Dan

13. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

OK

I see Harlen has some good scores and a 14 yo SCTP kid has done good.

But has anybody won an event yet? or are they still carryovers?

If so who what and how?

AL

I thought I would have seen some of that by now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.