1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand up.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bisi, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

According to the website posted above the Grand was up for 2010.

2. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

As it should be...

Now, when the ATA and Illinois sign for the next ten years, maybe we can put the silliness behind us, build the HOF on the grounds, and watch the Grand grow every year.

And, again, thank you to the Martins.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Amen--Singleshot!!!

4. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Martin. If I can afford it I will be there next year.. BernieK

5. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Singleshot, most shooters would agree, but beware, I'm sure the negative clouds of doom & gloom are forming, ready to rain on a very successful Grand American...........

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

FWIW: Total entrys events 1-24: 26,989.

Eric

7. Remington STS

Remington STS TS Member

That is great to hear.

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I love it. Give aways included a Kolar combo, a brand new Easy Go golf cart, lots of money, more guns, etc. etc. Next year there will be even more.

Some people will have to swallow their pride and come next year...just because of the added money and prizes.

Thank you to the Martins, Kolar, Paliament Coach, and all others who contributed to the prize list for 2010!!!

9. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

and another small curiosity (or perhaps not)?

Playing the Lewis was UP. I did the numbers for the four HCAP events, year-on-year, and both entrants and money was up in 2010.

This is the 4 CAPS, only: 2009/2010 Entrants; 2009/2010 Lewis players

1683/1804 ... 919/983

1888/1938 ... 1124/1139

2010/2012 ... 1209/1227

1960/1988 ... 1280/1295

10. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Zard,

That's not quite correct.

The BoD voted to allow the EC to negotiate and sign a contract with IDNR to extend our current lease by 10 years which would mean that we will be at Sparta for the next 15 years.

A long term commitment from us makes a lot of things easier.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

goatskin- Thanks for your post on the Lewis for 4 handicap events. I had never thought of trying to accumulate actual data on the amount of purses played over a few years. I am not a money shooter but this could be interesting information.

Pat Ireland

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Martins did in a few months what the ATA/EC and IDNR couldn't do in 5 years, all it takes is money and a love for the game ... Money talks and BS walks, just like its always been ... WPT ....(YAC)

13. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

<blockquote> Pat Ireland: <i>"goatskin- Thanks for your post on the Lewis for 4 handicap events. I had never thought of trying to accumulate actual data on the amount of purses played over a few years. I am not a money shooter but this could be interesting information."</i></blockquote>

I thought it was interesting, as well, but how significant/telling ... ?

I wish it was easier to dump Stuart's numbers into a spreadsheet (for that matter, I would have loved to have had a full, capturable data-stream ...), and massaging a wealth of numbers might be even more interesting.

I eyeballed the Singles and Doubles numbers, and it seemed pretty obvious that, in Singles, about the best you could hope for was to get your options money back, and in Doubles, you <i>could</i> make expenses.

Caps is the only place to make any money (but it's also harder for the 'baggers to hide there, too.)

That said ... IF you <i>can</i> 'manage' your Singles and Doubles averages as a A or B shooter, THEN bring-it when the green flag drops, you absolutely can do better than just OK.

Bob

14. IMR 7625

IMR 7625 Member

GRAND AMERICAN HANDYICAP THIS YEAR 1988 SHOOTER'S

GRAND AMERICAN HANDYICAP LAST YEAR 1980 SHOOTER'S

15. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Stuart says 1960 & 1988.

For total numbers, it's hard to exactly compare 1 : 1 2009 & 2010, as the programs were significantly different enough, but Grand WEEK (anyhow) event-on-event was up a couple of points over 2009.

Bob

16. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

And you have to consider the heat kept some from shooting all that they might if it had been cooler weather. Many shooters didn't shoot everything because they were resting for the handicaps. With these two facts in mind, the numbers were down, but it would be hard to tell how much.

17. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

How long will the Martins money last and what will happen when it is suddenly GONE? Relying on a "gimmic" to sustain attendance is a risk, fine while it lasts....but what of the State and Zone shoots etc? Those numbers are down !

18. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Well Frank, hopefully other deep pocket industrialists will eventually step forward and contribute...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.