1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Target Setting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barry C. Roach, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The best at Sparta yet. My hat's off to John Pefley, Dean Newman and Jim Lyons. They were ever present on our block of traps and did a great job for us. Hope they're there next year.

2. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Mine were great, only shot a 100 targets but my best handicap score ever!

Ronbo

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Once during the week we had a field where several of the shooters on the squad wanted the targets lowered a little because of the incoming wind. The target setter was there in a heartbeat and did a good job very politely. He was also thanked by everyone. The line people all did a fantastic job. Thank you all for a job well done. Bob

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

Cosidering the wind we had some days they did a great job with the targets.

I shot my best doubles scores ever so maybe they were set too good - LOL.

Don Verna

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If Jim Lyons set your targets, you couldn't ask for better. That guy is all business when it comes to running a trap field. The ones I shot at were perfect, I was not.

6. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

I have no complaints the target guys did an excellent job. But, I prefer to have the height set by a bar not an "eye ball"
    They would and did set the targets to the height the squad wanted. I never saw a "height bar" and I would challenge anyone to be set the same height on different traps with the "eye ball" method.

7. ksshooter

ksshooter TS Member

Our traps were very good, thanks to crew, Ron Watson, Tom Buxman and Jim Moody for hard work and long hours spent keeping everything right.

8. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

We shot banks 14-18. The targets were great and when we asked for an adjustment it was done quickly and pleasantly. Could not have been more satisfied.

Mark Zauhar

9. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I shot mostly on banks 18-22. The targets were great and if they weren't what the squad wanted, there was someone there promptly to set them for you. I personally roomed with one of the target setters and know they all worked very hard to please the shooters. Thanks Mark Crist, it was a pleasure spending Grand week with you. Saw a lot of Jim, Tom, Ron, and many of the other setters working up and down the line. Great job gentlemen. Steve E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.